I'm Scared...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: I'm Scared...
Welcome! Yeah this is a great place to go to get support, talk over subjects that interest you, and be around people who share your lack of beleif. I really hope you enjoy your time here, I know I have!!
(14-12-2013 08:03 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I really don't care much about religion though, not such a big deal around here luckily

Yes, if you want to discuss religious topics at length you can do that, or if that doesn't interest you, there are so many fun topics and discussions not related to atheism or religion as well!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2013, 08:13 PM
(14-12-2013 08:03 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 06:52 PM)thedudette Wrote:  I'm happy to hear that!
How long have you been an atheist? :3

I was born one, but then I took a break until 17 more or less, I didn't realized I was one until 20 something, I really don't care much about religion though, not such a big deal around here luckily

You live outside of America, I guessing?
14-12-2013, 08:16 PM
(14-12-2013 08:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Welcome! Yeah this is a great place to go to get support, talk over subjects that interest you, and be around people who share your lack of beleif. I really hope you enjoy your time here, I know I have!!
(14-12-2013 08:03 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I really don't care much about religion though, not such a big deal around here luckily

Yes, if you want to discuss religious topics at length you can do that, or if that doesn't interest you, there are so many fun topics and discussions not related to atheism or religion as well!!

Have you made any friends in the community? :3
14-12-2013, 08:19 PM
(14-12-2013 08:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Welcome! Yeah this is a great place to go to get support, talk over subjects that interest you, and be around people who share your lack of beleif. I really hope you enjoy your time here, I know I have!!

I was talking about my country, not the forum. Should've been more clear though, my bad Tongue
(14-12-2013 08:13 PM)thedudette Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 08:03 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I was born one, but then I took a break until 17 more or less, I didn't realized I was one until 20 something, I really don't care much about religion though, not such a big deal around here luckily

You live outside of America, I guessing?

Indeed, I live in Argentina

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
14-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Yeah, a few that I have chatted with outside of the forum threads a bit (using private messages or skype) and several I love talking to in the threads. Everyone is so awesome. Even the folks I'm not a huge fan of can make me laugh, or make my day. Love being here!!
14-12-2013, 08:24 PM
(14-12-2013 08:19 PM)nach_in Wrote:  

I was talking about my country, not the forum. Should've been more clear though, my bad Tongue
(14-12-2013 08:13 PM)thedudette Wrote:  You live outside of America, I guessing?

There's no dominant religion there?
14-12-2013, 08:27 PM
(14-12-2013 08:20 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah, a few that I have chatted with outside of the forum threads a bit (using private messages or skype) and several I love talking to in the threads. Everyone is so awesome. Even the folks I'm not a huge fan of can make me laugh, or make my day. Love being here!!

Big Grin! I'm so happy to hear that! This is the next best thing to secular meet up groups Smile
[+] 1 user Likes thedudette's post
14-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Welcome thedudette, and good luck on your anxiety. When I was your age, I spent a big chunk of time frequenting random chat rooms and meeting people from all across the country on AIM. It was nice to be able to be open with people, without being afraid of social repercussions. I'm not recommending it...or saying anything bad about it, I'm just talking really.

As a side note, anime is awesome, and I can guarantee you your life will be better if you start watching it Thumbsup.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
14-12-2013, 08:30 PM
(14-12-2013 08:24 PM)thedudette Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 08:19 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I was talking about my country, not the forum. Should've been more clear though, my bad Tongue

There's no dominant religion there?

Yes, Catholicism. We have a pope now, so people are a bit more religious than before, but religion was always taken as something private here and it's not as explosive as in the US.

I've been noticing an increase in christian weird denominations lately, specially among the more poor people. I guess we'll have a heavy religion issue some years from now, but for now it's still calm.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
14-12-2013, 08:36 PM
(14-12-2013 08:28 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Welcome thedudette, and good luck on your anxiety. When I was your age, I spent a big chunk of time frequenting random chat rooms and meeting people from all across the country on AIM. It was nice to be able to be open with people, without being afraid of social repercussions. I'm not recommending it...or saying anything bad about it, I'm just talking really.

As a side note, anime is awesome, and I can guarantee you your life will be better if you start watching it Thumbsup.

Thank you!
Any recommendations for animes? Big Grin