I'm Sick...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm Sick...
I was gonna write a new thread about something much more interesting than this, but I'm sick at the moment, and there isn't anything else on which I can set my mind. It's simply all I'm able to think about. So I figure; why not share my suffering with my friends? Big Grin

I never get sick. I'm a healthy person, and it simply doesn't happen. But somehow, a week ago today, I felt a rapid onset of nausea that woke me from my sleep. The first night, I was sure I was gonna puke, and it nearly came to pass, but I never did. For the next several days, the nausea was less extreme (unless I ate something), but did remain as a dull, constant sense of discomfort. So, I simply stopped eating as much as I usually do. Over the past week, my diet has been widdled down to a slice of pie with milk in the mornings (for sugar and some small bit of protein) and a bowl of fiber cereal in the afternoon (to keep the digestive tract working properly). That's about it. Anything more substantial and I spend the next hour or two hovering over a trash can.

Well, in just the past 2 days, the sickness seems to have left my stomach (to what extent, I cannot be sure), but I can feel that it has taken up residence in my large intestine. Nothing unmentionable has occured as a result of this (I've not become a human espresso machine...yet), but there is a rather significant amount of pain. The large intestine curves from the lower right quadrant; up and around the abdomen; and down to the lower left quadrant and into the pelvic region. At this moment, I can feel every last inch of my inflamed colon because it feels incredibly sore. (Insert gay joke here) It feels inflamed and tender and the soreness is so sharp and deep that it dominates what I can feel on the inside. I can even feel it in my back. I've just woken up from a good 15(!) hours of sleep; which has become my latest hobby. I sleep most of the day and night away, and it's not quality sleep, either. It seems to be in 2-3-hour intervals which are dominated by starving, pain-induced fever-dreams. (Last night I was taken back to the dark and scary corners of my grandmother's basement while being chased by a werewolf) I can handle nightmares - they're all I ever have; if I dream at all - but I can admit that these past few nights have almost made me wish that I had a loving woman laying next to me each time I wake up screaming. (I'm sure my starvation and dehydration isn't helping much)

My mom had back surgery earlier this week, and I know she's got some Vicodin and Oxy left over from the days leading up to it. This pain is such that I am considering calling in a favor from her. The only setback is that I want to be conscious and aware of whatever new developments may transpire in the coming days. It would really suck if this bacteria (whatever it is) ruptured my intestinal wall and I was too doped-out to realize it. Undecided

So, I guess now everyone knows that if I'm not seen around the forums for a while; I'm probably dead. Or in a medically-induced coma with a tube in my throat and antibiotics dripping into my arm. Either one would be acceptable at this point.

Cheers! Smile

(Oh...and christians...do be sure to thank your God for designing such a lovely organism when he created this particular bacterium. All life truly is sacred)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: I'm Sick...
Well, hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks... Like REALLY REALLY SHITTY... All my exes learned one thing, stay the fuck away when I'm sick. I'd rather be left alone.

I've been sick for about a week now. Not sure what it is either... Its not like the flu or a cold. Started almost immediately after a run last Friday. It feels a bit labored to breathe, and kind of strange, like the sensation that happens when you breathe in deeply and need to cough... But it doesn't happen, I don't cough. And when I do, its non-productive. Its not hard to get oxygen, so its not like asthma. Just slight tightness and very very minor pain/discomfort in heart area. Also super tired and occasionally shaky/weak throughout the day.

Saw my doctor, but she's an idiot. In the past, I've had to diagnose myself and ask her for specific prescriptions or tests.
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2013, 06:03 PM
While those particular pain meds can make you feel a bit better, be aware that they can also cause GI issues.

Get thee to a doctor.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-03-2013, 07:22 PM
(01-03-2013 06:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  While those particular pain meds can make you feel a bit better, be aware that they can also cause GI issues.
Weeping

01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Suck it up Buttercup and get thee to a doctor!

Batman doesn't cry!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2013, 07:45 PM
I had pneumonia for the first time this winter. It was horrible.
Feel better, hugs.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
01-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Seriously...borrow some meds to get you through the night, but please see a doctor. Intestines can get twisted, there could be a blockage...things that are not good and need to be treated.

01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Let's see... WebMD says you could have one of a possible 92 illnesses Huh

I know how much you love WebMD so I thought I'd check it out for you. I don't know ALL of your symptoms, I just went by what you posted. Some illnesses that stuck out are:

*Diverticulitis
*Appendicitis
*Gastroenteritis
*Intestinal obstruction

You might also be dying. I'm sorry to break the news Drinking Beverage

*Colon cancer
*Diabetic ketoacidosis (I love saying that. I saw Dr. G Medical Examiner and she said it and it stuck with me.)
*Lupus

Okay, I hope you get better, I know I've said it already. Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Well, anyone who watches House knows that it's never Lupus; so that's a relief. [Image: smiley-vault-misc-164.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
01-03-2013, 09:46 PM
(01-03-2013 09:44 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Well, anyone who watches House knows that it's never Lupus; so that's a relief. [Image: smiley-vault-misc-164.gif]
I only ever watched one episode of House. UGH. It's obnoxious. Wink

And that crosses off ONE illness. You got 91 more to cancel.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King