I'm Sick...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: I'm Sick...
Sorry to hear of your malady. Sounds serious enough to see a doctor. Don't fuck around with intestinal issues, they've put me in the hospital.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
(01-03-2013 09:46 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 09:44 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Well, anyone who watches House knows that it's never Lupus; so that's a relief. [Image: smiley-vault-misc-164.gif]
I only ever watched one episode of House. UGH. It's obnoxious. Wink
..... Blink

Just lost points with me *lol* Tongue

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
01-03-2013, 11:00 PM
My old friend Greg says:
[Image: house-its-not-lupus-stencil-602x1024.png]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
01-03-2013, 11:17 PM
[Image: cancer.jpg]

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
01-03-2013, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 11:53 PM by Bucky Ball.)
You have Gastroenteritis, (the "stomach flu"). In a healthy young person like you, it will last about a week, maybe a bit more, but if it already "moved" down, you're rather lucky, so it could be shorter. Ususually in the evening, on the day before it goes away, it "lifts" for a few hours, (goes away), and you think you are better. Then it comes back for a few hours, and you're done with it. Just be kind to yourself, and sleep. That's all there is to do, and it's most likely not a bacteria. You might want to call the nurse line from your insurance company, or the triage nurse from your doctor's office. , and review your symptoms with them, but there really isn't much to do, but wait it out. Have you tried Ibuprofen, (Motrin) for the pain ? Google the BRAT diet, and do it. Drink potassium containing drinks, (cranberry juice, as you need potassium), and chop up a banana and eat it slowly. (They have a lot of potassium). Oh, and suck on popcycles. Thay have sugar, and water and will keep you hydrated.
That will be $10.00. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-03-2013, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 09:27 AM by Peanut.)
(01-03-2013 10:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 09:46 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I only ever watched one episode of House. UGH. It's obnoxious. Wink
..... Blink

Just lost points with me *lol* Tongue
Oh, Hobbitgirl! I hope we can move past this difference in opinion! I find I like you Smile You are very interesting.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
02-03-2013, 01:49 AM
(01-03-2013 11:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have Gastroenteritis, (the "stomach flu"). In a healthy young person like you, it will last about a week, maybe a bit more, but if it already "moved" down, you're rather lucky, so it could be shorter. Ususually in the evening, on the day before it goes away, it "lifts" for a few hours, (goes away), and you think you are better. Then it comes back for a few hours, and you're done with it. Just be kind to yourself, and sleep. That's all there is to do, and it's most likely not a bacteria. You might want to call the nurse line from your insurance company, or the triage nurse from your doctor's office. , and review your symptoms with them, but there really isn't much to do, but wait it out. Have you tried Ibuprofen, (Motrin) for the pain ? Google the BRAT diet, and do it. Drink potassium containing drinks, (cranberry juice, as you need potassium), and chop up a banana and eat it slowly. (They have a lot of potassium). Oh, and suck on popcycles. Thay have sugar, and water and will keep you hydrated.
That will be $10.00. Tongue
Well, I already knew 90% of that, so $5.00 is my limit. Sleepy (Sorry) Big Grin

It has "lifted", as you said. The intestinal pain has gone away considerably and my appetite returned. But you better be wrong about it coming back! Angry (I'll pay you the full 10 if it does) Yes

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user