I'm So Tired...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2017, 05:45 AM
I'm So Tired...
Been up all night with stomach pains. I have no fever, but my stomach churned all night, gas and a bit of bloatness. Granted I did have a lot of cheese before bed, so I think it might be indigestion.

I woke up to three feelings of pain, around my navel, gas, and in my neck.

I've only had 3 hours of sleep, and afraid to sleep due to that fact my sister had the norovirus three days ago. I'm hoping I don't have that.

Any thoughts?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2017, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2017 04:05 PM by RearViewMirror.)
RE: I'm So Tired...
I've worked as a Firefighter / Paramedic for 23 years and what you describe doesn't exactly fit the symptoms of norovirus although without an actual examination I couldn't eliminate that possibility. But the symptoms you described do not fit the normal symptoms of norovirus. Norovirus is extremely contagious though and should not be taken lightly. It is much like the flu and is spread very easily.

Without knowing any patient history (and it's not my place to ask on a public forum) from what you describe sounds more like something didn't agree with you. The part that concerns me most is pain around the neck. Do you feel a shortness of breath without discomfort, discomfort in either or both arms, breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness? Those are some of the questions we ask when doing a patient assessment to rule out a heart attack in women since women "usually" have different symptoms than men. With no way to get vitals on you it will be very hard to answer your question over the internet. I don't ask this to scare you but without actually seeing you and the information that you gave it would be some of the questions I would ask.

Again.. From your original post it sounds as if something just didn't agree with you. If it persists I would go see a Dr. as that will be the only way to truly find out what is going on. "My thought"... If it is something that didn't agree with you it should pass rather quickly. If it happens to be norovirus then keep yourself hydrated. If the symptoms get worse then go see a Dr. immediately.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
26-03-2017, 06:16 AM
My sympathies. Those nights are awful.
I would throw a lemon and an apple in a food processor, eat it and drink lots of water.

If you feel nauseous come nightfall you should talk to a doctor.

Feel better.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
26-03-2017, 06:19 AM
(26-03-2017 05:45 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Been up all night with stomach pains. I have no fever, but my stomach churned all night, gas and a bit of bloatness. Granted I did have a lot of cheese before bed, so I think it might be indigestion.

I woke up to three feelings of pain, around my navel, gas, and in my neck.

I've only had 3 hours of sleep, and afraid to sleep due to that fact my sister had the norovirus three days ago. I'm hoping I don't have that.

Any thoughts?

> I had some sort of bug like that several days ago. The symptoms were nearly identical. My sister had it too a week earlier. My mom told me it was something going around. I took Pepto-Bismol and didn't eat anything for 24 hours. I got as much sleep as I could and had only chicken broth after the cramps went away. I was feeling much better after about two days.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
26-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Do you have diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting? If not its probably not norovirus, however everyone is different and norovirus is highly contagious so its possible you have the early stages, take plenty of fluids ensure you have electrolyte replacement powders handy and stay away from other people as far as possible especially the elderly and young children, above all on no account should you visit anyone in hospital I've seen entire wards/units closed down following norovirus infection
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
26-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Thanks everyone for replying. I'm slowly feeling better, still a bit of stomach pain, but I was able to get more sleep. Right now I'm trying to eat something light, possible going to stay away from heavy dairy products for a day or two.

I didn't throw up so that was a good sign, so far it looks like I'm skipping the virus this time. I hope so, I've already missed two days of college and have a lot of work to make up.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post