I'm Thinking of leaving

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
RE: I'm Thinking of leaving
You should definitely stay.

Everyone before me has given you good reasons to hang around. If nothing else it will surely challenge you to do better and that's always a good thing. I've learnt so much about a lot of things since being here.
Stick around Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
My friend, the reasons you're citing for leaving this forum are the very same reasons I joined. Wink

Don't feel like you have to add any sort of profound insight to any of these threads, just enjoy the forum for the invaluable tool that it is: a place to broaden your horizons and challenge your intellect by forcing you to learn more and more.

I'm in virtually the same boat as you, educationally speaking. I slacked through high school and have zero college education. What I've learned from my virtually non-existent formal education is that you don't need formal education to learn, if that makes any sense.

"Fanatic ethnic or religious or national identifications are a little difficult to support when we see our planet as a fragile blue crescent fading to become an inconspicuous point of light against the bastion and citadel of the stars." - Carl Sagan
08-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Definitely stay dude. Why not? No one is going to belittle you for not understanding something. We'd all be pots calling kettles black if we did that. If you don't think you can add to the forum, you'd be wrong. I could definitely use some tips on how to work on a car, many users could find tips on soundboard mixing useful. If you don't understand something, we don't mind making things more clear or directing you to some good materials on a topic.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
09-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Let me see If I have this right.
You are thinking of leaving the place that can teach you about what you lack knowledge of. That's like leaving school because you're not educated enough.

Stay. Learn. and worship me.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
09-02-2012, 07:58 AM
THANKS TO EVERYONE! I do feel allot better about my place here. I get depressed from the pain I am in. I tend to take it out on myself. I start to feel useless since I was forced to retire. I cant explain it unless you have been through it. I was a workaholic and now I just cant do a damn thing. Their are days I cant move without being in unbelievable pain. I try not to take to many pills (narcotics) so i can think strait. I have refused to take anti depressants. I have seen way to many people addicted to them. One addiction is enough. I hate to take the pills because they scare me from my past. I have kept it in control with allot of strong will power. I am in a state that wont let pot be used for pain. As soon as it is legal I will change over.
09-02-2012, 08:12 AM
(09-02-2012 07:58 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  THANKS TO EVERYONE! I do feel allot better about my place here. I get depressed from the pain I am in. I tend to take it out on myself. I start to feel useless since I was forced to retire. I cant explain it unless you have been through it. I was a workaholic and now I just cant do a damn thing. Their are days I cant move without being in unbelievable pain. I try not to take to many pills (narcotics) so i can think strait. I have refused to take anti depressants. I have seen way to many people addicted to them. One addiction is enough. I hate to take the pills because they scare me from my past. I have kept it in control with allot of strong will power. I am in a state that wont let pot be used for pain. As soon as it is legal I will change over.

I don't think that anti-depressants are addictive. They certainly don't make you high or happy. What they do is make the darkness recede and let you see things in proportion and deal with life.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-02-2012, 08:24 AM
[

I don't think that anti-depressants are addictive. They certainly don't make you high or happy. What they do is make the darkness recede and let you see things in proportion and deal with life.
[/quote]

my youngest son was on a few of them and it took him months to ween off them. Maybe the term I used was wrong but I have enough pills going in my mouth and i just cant do anymore. I try to eat all natural foods and grow my own veg. I know i am poisoning myself with all this meds.
My son wanted to kill his self when he went on them anti depressants. They did just the opposite of what he needed. He was 10 times worse on them. I will pass ! If it helps some people great, but i will pass.
09-02-2012, 11:29 AM
(09-02-2012 08:24 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  my youngest son was on a few of them and it took him months to ween off them. Maybe the term I used was wrong but I have enough pills going in my mouth and i just cant do anymore. I try to eat all natural foods and grow my own veg. I know i am poisoning myself with all this meds.
My son wanted to kill his self when he went on them anti depressants. They did just the opposite of what he needed. He was 10 times worse on them. I will pass ! If it helps some people great, but i will pass.

I have had a lot of experience with anti-depressants in the past year. I think I lost track of how many I tried before getting the right balance. Yes, SOME of the meds can be hard to discontinue and never do it cold turkey. If my doc had put me on the pills and sent me away, I would have killed myself because my suicidal thoughts did get worse at first. But she "made" me go to therapy and "made" me see her every two weeks (more if necessary. She even called me at home on her day off to make sure I was ok). It was a bad period of time, but eventually we got the right mix and I'm grateful for the compassionate perseverance of my doctor and my therapist. Chas hit the nail on the head,
Quote:They certainly don't make you high or happy. What they do is make the darkness recede and let you see things in proportion and deal with life.
After about 4 months of therapy, I felt like I was starting to talk for the first time, because the darkness had finally receded enough that I could deal with issues behind the feelings rather than just whine about the feelings like I had been doing for the first few months.

With that said, if you're in pain, does Ohio have Medical Marijuana? You certainly sound like a candidate to me. It also helps with depression and anxiety, so consider the option if you haven't already.

Glad you're sticking it out!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-02-2012, 11:57 AM
(09-02-2012 11:29 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 08:24 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  my youngest son was on a few of them and it took him months to ween off them. Maybe the term I used was wrong but I have enough pills going in my mouth and i just cant do anymore. I try to eat all natural foods and grow my own veg. I know i am poisoning myself with all this meds.

I have had a lot of experience with anti-depressants in the past year. I think I lost track of how many I tried before getting the right balance. Yes, SOME of the meds can be hard to discontinue and never do it cold turkey. If my doc had put me on the pills and sent me away, I would have killed myself because my suicidal thoughts did get worse at first. But she "made" me go to therapy and "made" me see her every two weeks (more if necessary. She even called me at home on her day off to make sure I was ok). It was a bad period of time, but eventually we got the right mix and I'm grateful for the compassionate perseverance of my doctor and my therapist. Chas hit the nail on the head,
Quote:They certainly don't make you high or happy. What they do is make the darkness recede and let you see things in proportion and deal with life.
After about 4 months of therapy, I felt like I was starting to talk for the first time, because the darkness had finally receded enough that I could deal with issues behind the feelings rather than just whine about the feelings like I had been doing for the first few months.

With that said, if you're in pain, does Ohio have Medical Marijuana? You certainly sound like a candidate to me. It also helps with depression and anxiety, so consider the option if you haven't already.

Glad you're sticking it out!
No Ohio Medical Marijuana but I have heard it going up for a vote. It didn't pass the last time due to the fanatical Christian Bible belt thinking. You know the reefer madness Bullshit and Gateway drug line. Scare the people enough and you can get them to vote any way you want. Why do you think we are in this stupid war on drugs? It's all based on fear and a lack of knowledge. You never stop someone from getting high on whatever if the times are bad and they want to get numb. If we had a better standard of living I think we wouldn't have so many people on drugs today.
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
11-02-2012, 07:48 AM
I think you have said yourself everything you need to hear. It matters not how well educated you are, if you do not stay here, you will not move forward. Nobody feels superb over you or anything, so there is no need for you to feel inferior, when compared to the rest of us. If you think you lack some knowledge, then it is much better to stay in a place like this and read the things that you are interested in, but don't know much about. Otherwise, you do not learn.

As you probably already know, we do try to help people here as well, so if you have some problems, issues or questions, you know that you are more than welcome to ask anyone here.

Hope you stay here and hang out with the rest of us.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post