I'm Tired of Pretending

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: I'm Tired of Pretending
All Girly does is pretend, ManlyGirl handles the pretension and pretence. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Wait until you can support yourself before you say anything. I know how you feel, not being able to be yourself around your friends and family. It's difficult to bite your tongue at some of the idiotic things that are said, but sometimes that is what you must do until you can handle the fallout you might have to deal with.
Find all posts by this user
20-08-2013, 02:39 PM
(18-08-2013 10:27 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  So even though I'm new to this forum, I love it. It's a place where I can be me without fear of judgment. No one in real life knows the real me. It's more than just my lack of religion. It's my political beliefs and even my opinions on drinking, sex, kissing, homo- and bisexuality and other things Christianity frowns upon. My friends unknowingly bash my opinions on certain things, and I hate it. I guess it sounds like I shouldn't be friends with them, but I love them to death even if they have different opinions than me. My only complaint about them is their close-mindedness, but even that is worth putting up with because I love them so much.

Since joining this forum a few days ago, I've wanted so badly to finally tell my family and friends about the real me. I almost told my sister I'm an atheist tonight. I only have my senior year of high school left, and I keep telling myself I can make it until I move out, but I don't know anymore. I hate not being able to be myself. I know though that if I tell my family and friends about my atheism, my mom's side of the family will see me as a disappointment. An embarrassment. My mom will probably withhold financial support to college unless I agree to go to a Christian or very religious college. My friends will probably abandon me or try to convert me. Even if they don't abandon me, things will be incredibly awkward with them. I don't know what to do. I need so very badly to tell someone, but I don't want to if it will make my life a living hell. How can I cope with this? What can I do? Should I just wait the year out?

I was in a very similar position when I deconverted only a few months ago. What I will tell you is yes it got extremely awkward around my friends. I have stopped talking to many of them. My suggestion would be to wait it out and just rant here whenever you feel like it. Thumbsup

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user