I'm Tired of this crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: I'm Tired of this crap
(10-06-2017 06:56 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:23 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  I've actually meet people who think the Democratic party is All Good, and GOP is all Bad. Weeping And believe everything they are told about the other side. And said that The GOP Got it coming to them, which feels irrational.
They also seem to ignore the insane wing of their own party.
Well good for you, but a lot of liberals think the Democratic Party has serious Issues and needs a complete overhaul, that Clinton was exactly the wrong candidate to put forward in 2016, and that, besides, she's a soulless grifter.

This does not cause us to be blind to Trump's perfidy, though.

Good I do wan't to point out two problems, Dems need to rebuild a Coalition, and that means electing someone who actually represents constituents, meaning you aren't going to wan't Justice Dems all over the place, because there is still huge group of people who like there guns and want jobs, and Second actually standing up against your own party if your constituants don't wan't a certain policy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 07:05 PM
(10-06-2017 06:59 PM)AB517 Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:45 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  You can't trust ANY politician 100%, not as long as lobbyists and special interest groups have our entire government by the balls.

However, one side champions 'smaller government' all while passing law after law after law that enters people's bedrooms and doctor's offices. So perhaps my distrust of an entire party is well-earned.

yeah, this is basically my stance.

also, 'setting a president" because of one single event is bullshit too. Commonsense should set president.
"precedent"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2017, 07:16 PM
(10-06-2017 07:05 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:59 PM)AB517 Wrote:  yeah, this is basically my stance.

also, 'setting a president" because of one single event is bullshit too. Commonsense should set president.
"precedent"

thank you.
10-06-2017, 07:17 PM
(10-06-2017 07:02 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:56 PM)mordant Wrote:  Well good for you, but a lot of liberals think the Democratic Party has serious Issues and needs a complete overhaul, that Clinton was exactly the wrong candidate to put forward in 2016, and that, besides, she's a soulless grifter.

This does not cause us to be blind to Trump's perfidy, though.

Good I do wan't to point out two problems, Dems need to rebuild a Coalition, and that means electing someone who actually represents constituents, meaning you aren't going to wan't Justice Dems all over the place, because there is still huge group of people who like there guns and want jobs, and Second actually standing up against your own party if your constituants don't wan't a certain policy.

both parties can use this thinking. in fact, we all could use this thinking.
10-06-2017, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 08:16 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(10-06-2017 06:54 PM)AB517 Wrote:  The left calls us bigots because we say immigrants through legal means and babies of illegal immigrants are illegal immigrants.

If born in the U.S., babies of illegal immigrants are U.S. citizens. That's what makes deporting their parents such a big mess. That is also why they are sometimes referred to as "anchor babies."

"The first official written explanation of American citizenship was included in the 14th Amendment to the Constitution (1868). Section 1 of this amendment declares that 'All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.' ... This means that any child born in the United States becomes a citizen at birth, even if its parents are aliens. (However, the rule does not apply to children born to foreign diplomats or United Nations officials.)"

http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities...ivics3.htm
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
10-06-2017, 08:35 PM
(10-06-2017 06:54 PM)AB517 Wrote:  and both of think america first is a bad idea because the left thinks ... well, who cares, they are children anyway and the right, well who cares again, they put money grubbing above all else.

America first is a bad idea if it means you pull out of the Paris climate agreement. And also if it means "we need to take the oil" from the middle east as Trump claims.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
11-06-2017, 03:44 AM
(10-06-2017 08:35 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:54 PM)AB517 Wrote:  and both of think america first is a bad idea because the left thinks ... well, who cares, they are children anyway and the right, well who cares again, they put money grubbing above all else.

America first is a bad idea if it means you pull out of the Paris climate agreement. And also if it means "we need to take the oil" from the middle east as Trump claims.
"America First" was originally a failed isolationist movement that wanted to watch the rest of the world go to hell just so long as it didn't cost the US anything. That utterly selfish attitude survived to this day. The Committee to Defend America First closed its offices on December 8th, 1941.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
11-06-2017, 04:58 AM
Political parties exist for one reason -

To get politicians in office so they don't have to have real jobs.

Don't expect "representation" out of them, because they do NOT give a fuck about anything other than your vote.

This is not cynicism. It's an acknowledgment of reality.

To confirm this, simply look at how party platforms change over time. They change as the party "higher-ups" see a change in the voters likes and dislikes. If you think that's not the case, I guess you don't remember George Wallace - who probably exemplifies better than anyone how attitudes within political parties change over time.....

Summary - if you're voting "for the party" - you're a schmuck.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-06-2017, 12:12 PM
(10-06-2017 08:06 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:54 PM)AB517 Wrote:  The left calls us bigots because we say immigrants through legal means and babies of illegal immigrants are illegal immigrants.

If born in the U.S., babies of illegal immigrants are U.S. citizens.

Herein lies the fundamental problem, AbbyNormal thinks his is a "middle" position. Worse than just being an indication of a fundamental lack of knowledge of basic civics every 10 year old fifth grader knows, it shows complete ignorance of not only how the "mixing pot" came to be, but also why it came to be in the first place. There is nothing "middle" about the "This is my playground and you're not allowed in. na na boo boo." position.

Even worse yet, the position is demonstrably counterproductive to our collective economic self-interests and in complete contradiction of free market values. There is a reason Maryland has both the highest median income and one of the highest undocumented worker populations - Chico gives me $30 worth of results for $15/hour. And since neither one of us speaks the others mother tongue, we don't have to talk to each other or waste time with niceties. I hand him a shovel or axe or other tool, point to an area in my yard, and walk away. He always knows what I want done.

AB-negative's position is every bit as stupid as a State restricting Medicaid to poor pregnant women and minors under the age of 18, instead of just poor people. They effectively end up paying a disproportionate amount for the care of poor non-pregnant men and women of all ages in Maryland. In this case they are effectively exporting skilled, efficient, and enthusiastic laborers, tradesman, and craftsman to Maryland. Even when explained to them in these plain and simple terms, they still don't get it so we feel no ethical reservations about continuing to exploit them. Kansas deserves what they got.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-06-2017, 01:42 PM
(10-06-2017 07:02 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Good I do wan't to point out two problems, Dems need to rebuild a Coalition, and that means electing someone who actually represents constituents, meaning you aren't going to wan't Justice Dems all over the place, because there is still huge group of people who like there guns and want jobs ...
I see it as more an issue of elites vs common people. SJWs exist on both side of that divide and frankly I don't think so little of working people that I think they're all opposed to an egalitarian, civil society and consider, e.g., people who can't afford healthcare to be malingerers or prone to poor personal decisions. After all, in most cases they'd be critiquing themselves by taking such a position, because THEY can't afford proper healthcare. Come to it, pretty much the entire 99% can't anymore.

So it's really a matter of getting the entitled rich people out of leadership and returning to the original roots of the Democratic Party which is to NOT concentrate wealth at the top.