I'm Too Hostile to Believers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: I'm Too Hostile to Believers
(23-06-2014 11:43 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 10:48 AM)Impulse Wrote:  And after pages of side-stepping by attacks on people who should be your friends here,

Yes, I *did* see a shit-ton of side-stepping and back-stabbing here from people (D&C, Kim, etc) that any atheist might have reasonably expected to be on their side.

Quote:we STILL haven't heard your opinion regarding the original post - which I believe is what kim was asking you.

That's RIGHT -- I pointed out that kim's "question" was vague as fuck and likely a sorry-ass passive aggressive attempt at a swipe, and Kim has yet to clarify. No clarification, no answer. Don't be a fucking pussy. Get it, asshole?

Dude... I like Kim

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2014, 11:48 PM
(23-06-2014 11:48 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 11:43 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, I *did* see a shit-ton of side-stepping and back-stabbing here from people (D&C, Kim, etc) that any atheist might have reasonably expected to be on their side.

That's RIGHT -- I pointed out that kim's "question" was vague as fuck and likely a sorry-ass passive aggressive attempt at a swipe, and Kim has yet to clarify. No clarification, no answer. Don't be a fucking pussy. Get it, asshole?

Dude... I like Kim

Yeah, I liked kim too, and then kim started playing games. Too bad.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-06-2014, 12:09 AM
(23-06-2014 11:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 11:48 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Dude... I like Kim

Yeah, I liked kim too, and then kim started playing games. Too bad.

I missed that part. Will read and get caught up Oxoxoxo

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
24-06-2014, 08:52 AM
(23-06-2014 11:43 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, I *did* see a shit-ton of side-stepping and back-stabbing here from people (D&C, Kim, etc) that any atheist might have reasonably expected to be on their side.
Grow up. You saw an honest reaction from your fellow posters here to your self-serving vitriol. And you might try asking yourself why they were calling you out. When you have several people saying similar things about one person, it's normally not the several people that have the problem. Consider

(23-06-2014 11:43 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote:we STILL haven't heard your opinion regarding the original post - which I believe is what kim was asking you.

Ah, the victim card. Sounds like paranoia to me. Rolleyes What I read in kim's question is an observation - namely that the thread is about being too hostile to believers - something that, you know, just might apply to you... And, interestingly enough, you hadn't communicated your thoughts on the matter at all after several posts in this thread. So kim was just asking. No passive aggression. No swipe. Just a question. What ARE your thoughts on the matter?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
24-06-2014, 08:58 AM
I think hostility never really works. At least not if you want the person to reconsider their position.

I do however think that sometimes you have to be firm, and most certainly call out someone if they are obviously wrong.

Hitchens was a very good example of how to be firm without being hostile.
24-06-2014, 08:50 PM
(24-06-2014 08:52 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
Grow up.
Go fuck yourself.

Quote: You saw an honest reaction from your fellow posters here to your self-serving vitriol. And you might try asking yourself why they were calling you out. When you have several people saying similar things about one person, it's normally not the several people that have the problem. Consider

Don't give a fuck.

Quote:
(23-06-2014 11:43 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  That's RIGHT -- I pointed out that kim's "question" was vague as fuck and likely a sorry-ass passive aggressive attempt at a swipe, and Kim has yet to clarify. No clarification, no answer. Don't be a fucking pussy. Get it, asshole?
Ah, the victim card.

Not at all, fuck you very much.

Quote: Sounds like paranoia to me. Rolleyes

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Quote:What I read in kim's question is an observation - namely that the thread is about being too hostile to believers - something that, you know, just might apply to you...

And you are too fucking stupid to figure out that it isn't believers I am hostile to, but believers who come trolling their bullshit superstitions here and ignoring our rebuttals.

Quote: And, interestingly enough, you hadn't communicated your thoughts on the matter at all after several posts in this thread. So kim was just asking. No passive aggression. No swipe. Just a question. What ARE your thoughts on the matter?

My thoughts are go fuck yourself.

24-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Hey guys,

Do you remember that time when FZUMedia was being a complete arse and for queen and country, BuddyChrist blew the little shit away and then fell on his sword?

Just sayin'

(22-06-2014 10:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
If you've Bonded, you have a license to kill. Use it. Drinking Beverage

I do, don't I.

So?

What say you?

24-06-2014, 10:15 PM
(24-06-2014 10:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  What say you?

I say:

[Image: U_Mad_Bro.jpeg]

24-06-2014, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2014 11:10 PM by Charis.)
Laugh out load Oh my lord, Taq, you have outdone yourself this time!

I have to say, you are quite brilliant. You have also shown yourself to be INCREDIBLY sweet and gentle (I'm not offering proof for this here, guys!). You have been and continue to be an enormous source of hilarity for me (and for certain others) as I browse various threads. I do think you could, at times, give pause before you unsheathe the claws from your paws! Wink I don't think the Taq Template is appropriate for some cases in which it's been used, but I sure am glad when I see you rip a rape apologist's rape apologetics to shreds with every ounce of vitriol it deserves. I guess I'm saying I love seeing Taq's Talons... for the humor, the sense of justice it can bring when some asshat decides to do his thing. Your timing sometimes though! Facepalm You're the proverbial bull in a china shop! Laughat Just be careful that you don't step on the china.

Wanna know what would shock them all? Show that gentle side when they least expect it. Though I might get a bit jealous Drinking Beverage

InB4 you tell me to stfu and to stop being a vague pussy-footing asshole. Laughat Angel
(I'm fully aware I'm being a bit vague, but mostly b/c I'm having vague conflicting thoughts) Honestly, I'm kinda afraid of posting this, because I'm not sure how you'll take some of it.... Sadcryface

Also, re: the OP: It's totally understandable you'd feel this way, given the combination of your personality AND your history with religion. I have a difficult time with this myself and find myself wanting to blow up at some idiot religious idea at the worst possible times. TTA is a good outlet for me, but I'll need more. Not sure what yet.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
25-06-2014, 12:03 AM
(22-06-2014 07:28 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 05:43 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  That's how my arguments work. These peoples' beliefs really are dog-shit, and the ones I tend to engage with really are stupid.

What I left out (for obvious reasons) is the entire argument(s) I made/make before such insults.

Nothing logically fallacious about calling someone a dipshit while explaining why they're a dipshit. Thumbsup

The issue I see that you are having is that you are allowing your emotions free reign and this might be ok if you were in a fight out on the school yard or out in your front yard yelling at someone, but when it comes to the arena of debate and rational argumentation, these types of tactics are totally impotent.

The reason why is because attacking a person personally, in no way shows that their arguments are invalid in their form, invalid by virtue of the presence of fallacies, or unsound, thus rendering the argument a bad one.

This is the beauty of argumentation in philosophy. Your personal opinion of a person, even if you think you have good reason to hold the opinion you do, in no way shows their arguments to be bad.

For example, a Christian you are speaking with could be completely ignorant as to what atheism means. They might say something like "all atheists are immoral" or "the Bible is the Word of God because it says so".

Ok.... well we know that both statements are indefensible. First off, the Christian cannot make the first statement for he would have to know that all atheists are immoral, but there is no way he could know that unless he knew all atheists, which we know he does not. Secondly, he could be guilty of reasoning in a circle by saying the later.

But guess what?

If the same Christian presents you with the Kalam Cosmological argument, then even though he is obviously ignorant and wrong and what you might call a dip****, none of that matters when it comes to you refuting the argument!

So if you were talking with someone like me, and insisted on calling me a dip**** without responding to my arguments, I would be thrilled!

It would be indicative of the strength of the argument(s) and your inability to refute them.

Negs.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post