I'm Too Hostile to Believers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: I'm Too Hostile to Believers
(25-06-2014 11:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 11:47 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Oh I'll give and take it with a grace and beauty you could never imagine, Thou wayward elf-skinned canker-blossom!

Is elf-skinned even an insult? Truly thou art damned, like an ill-roasted egg, all on one side.

I never knew so young a body with so old a head

*cackles at this one*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
25-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Thou tottering reeling-ripe puttock; I leak in your chimney!

I put 2 together.
It seems fairly practical to call someone a name and explain the consequence of their perceived being. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Hobbitgirl May the Lord hate you and all your kind May you be turned Orange in hue and May your head fall off at an awkward moment.

http://www.hark.com/clips/jbxfxqkqwn-dea...ard-moment

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-06-2014, 01:20 PM
(25-06-2014 01:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hobbitgirl May the Lord hate you and all your kind May you be turned Orange in hue and May your head fall off at an awkward moment.

http://www.hark.com/clips/jbxfxqkqwn-dea...ard-moment

*Cackle*

I love the recording on your link Tongue
25-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Rev

Methink'st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee. WinkWink
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
25-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Hobbit Lady! You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!

I don't know what all that might be but it sounds pretty exciting! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-06-2014, 02:02 PM
(25-06-2014 01:59 PM)kim Wrote:  Hobbit Lady! You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!

I don't know what all that might be but it sounds pretty exciting! Smile

Ha! I'm taking that as a compliment! Also kim you can tickle my catastrophe any time Kiss
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
25-06-2014, 02:05 PM
(25-06-2014 11:38 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 09:35 AM)Impulse Wrote:  WAAAH WAAAH WAAAHHHHHHH

We allow swearing, sexual language, and attacks on a person's character, this means that this place is not for everyone. If you are easily offended by such things this may not be the place for you.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Members

[Image: no-whining.jpg]

If you don't like it, go find yourself a fucking Kiddie Pool.
Your strawmanning would make the theist trolls proud. Laughat

... AND STILL no actual thought from Taq about the OP... Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
25-06-2014, 02:21 PM
My Take On Hostility
The thread has wandered a bit, but I will give my opinion on the original topic.

Hostility has its place in the argument for me, especially regarding religious bullying and intimidation. When the religious insist on violating my rights as a secular citizen, which they often try to do, I am resolved to resist with absolute intolerance of their behavior.

Religious people love to use anger and hostility against us as a means of wholesale dismissal of our arguments. "I won't talk to you about this. You're just an angry atheist who wants to take away my freedom. I have rights!" Given our familiarity with this stigma I think it is actually a mistake to accept it. It might be tempting to try and control your anger like a Buddhist monk to avoid arousing the stigma, but it isn't fair or realistically possible. There are plenty of appropriate and important reasons to use anger in an argument. Who can argue with expressing hostility towards the systematic institutionalization and mass covering up of child rape? Given that the religious sometimes do argue against it, I do not think they are honestly considering when anger is appropriate or not. It is a well designed technique meant to silence their opposition from speaking out against them. When we do, we fear the label they made up for us to begin with. This cannot deter us or we are surrendering our right to speak freely and, some would say even more importantly, the freedom of other people to hear our arguments.

If I were to draw the line of what I see acceptable hostility as, I would say that I don't much care for any hostility without actual argument mixed in. By all means be angry and insulting, just have an argument too. Empty sailor mouthed histrionics convince no one.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 2 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
25-06-2014, 03:51 PM
(25-06-2014 02:05 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 11:38 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:   We allow swearing, sexual language, and attacks on a person's character, this means that this place is not for everyone. If you are easily offended by such things this may not be the place for you.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Members

[Image: no-whining.jpg]

If you don't like it, go find yourself a fucking Kiddie Pool.
Your strawmanning would make the theist trolls proud. Laughat

... AND STILL no actual thought from Taq about the OP... Drinking Beverage

That's not strawmanning in the least, asshole. Pretty fucking stupid to cry about language in a forum that explicitly allows adult language. Grow the fuck up or find a forum for kiddies.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop