I'm Too Hostile to Believers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: I'm Too Hostile to Believers
(25-06-2014 04:47 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 04:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  BLah blah blah....and the other person is just hurling insults and profanity blah blah blah...

Excuse me? I don't *JUST* hurl invectives and profanity. Strawman much?

It's 99% of what you do, especially when you address Mr. Walker. What's your objective? (1) To convince him of the error of his ways? (Sorry, not gonna happen, no matter what approach you take); (2) To violently drive him off the forum? (That doesn't seem to be happening either); (3) To convince fence-sitters that he's wrong and you are right? (Mature logic and calm reasoning will accomplish that much better than your tactics); (4) To make yourself feel like a tough guy?

You're probably doing a wonderful job of #4, and making a complete failure of the other three. #1 is Mission Impossible, #2 would be best accomplished, as with any troll, by completely ignoring him, and your approach is completely wrong for #3. If #4 is all you want, well then, keep on truckin'. Whatever floats your boat.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
25-06-2014, 04:56 PM
(25-06-2014 04:54 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 04:47 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Excuse me? I don't *JUST* hurl invectives and profanity. Strawman much?

It's 99% of what you do, especially when you address Mr. Walker.

Bullshit. You are grabbing at fucking straws now.

Quote:Blah blah blah....

Shove your whining up your ass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-06-2014, 04:59 PM
La la la la... I'm just an innocent dog... not doin' nuffin... 'specially not gripin' at Taq for bein' a grumpy fucker... la la la...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-06-2014, 05:10 PM
(25-06-2014 04:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  La la la la... I'm just an innocent dog... not doin' nuffin... 'specially not gripin' at Taq for bein' a grumpy fucker... la la la...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

25-06-2014, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2014 07:18 PM by TheGulegon.)
(25-06-2014 12:23 PM)Charis Wrote:  To whom it may concern: Thine face is not worth sunburning!

I've always wanted to say, "you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel" Laugh out load
But one time I found the instructions only after I poured out the pee Weeping
Tongue

[edit] As to the O.P.
My being nice works like gas in a car.
Defending rape works on my reserves like a power drill works on a gas tank.
The car, and my nice, suddenly find themselves on E!

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
25-06-2014, 10:13 PM
TO EVERYONE:

Your mothers were hamsters, and your fathers smelt of elderberries.

That is all. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
25-06-2014, 11:32 PM
(25-06-2014 10:13 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  TO EVERYONE:

Your mothers were hamsters, and your fathers smelt of elderberries.

That is all. Drinking Beverage

You forgot:

"No, now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!"

PFTPFHTPFHTFHTPFHPHFT!!!!

[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
26-06-2014, 12:42 AM
(25-06-2014 04:00 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm not sure I agree with everything you said, but I do think you raise an important point that there are at least times when hostility is called for. But I also think it's more productive when it's limited to just those times. Most ordinary conversations with theists - whether in person or on a message board - are not those times.

If a theist is simply refusing to acknowledge the evidence or use logic, it can be frustrating, but it accomplishes nothing productive to be rude and belligerent about it. Now if a theist starts defending pedophilia or rape even in an ordinary conversation, I see no problem with expressing hostility. The difference is there is no risk of onlookers being turned off by the hostility in that case. So there is no risk of losing fence-sitters who might otherwise listen to rationality. There is also no risk of losing the chance of the theist considering your viewpoint - because someone defending pedophilia and rape isn't going to listen to reason anyway.

So it's important to employ sensible discretion when using hostility. Hostility shouldn't be the default first approach just because someone stubbornly clings to fantasy.

I agree. You have captured my opinion and attitude more accurately than I was able to express myself.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx