I'm a crappy _____

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm a crappy _____
Ok, so this thread is inspired by this thread.

I'm a big supporter of a lot of things, but I try to keep my views nuanced as very little of life is truly black and white. However, due to having a nuanced view of things, I often get told I'm a crappy ____.

How about any of you. Any causes that you are passionate about but have been told you're not a "true believer" because you disagree with certain aspects? I'll give examples from my life.

I'm a crappy environmentalist because I like nuclear. Long before Michael Mann said we need to look into it, I was trying to convince my green friends that it's not as evil as it's made out to be. Trying to educate them on Thorium reactors got me kicked off a committee at the Enviro group I worked at for years.

I'm a crappy feminist because I don't use the word feminist. I use the word "humanist" to account for ALL of my pro-human rights views. I'm pro-woman, pro-man, pro-trans, pro-etc. I also acknowledge that there are social inequities that affect mainly men.

I'm a crappy atheist because I have a live and let live attitude towards theists in my personal life. (now if they'd just "let live")

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
24-08-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: I'm a crappy _____
Buy those standards I am a crappy ....everything. Luckily I don't care much about being a perfect.....anything.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
24-08-2015, 02:04 PM
(24-08-2015 01:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Buy those standards I am a crappy ....everything. Luckily I don't care much about being a perfect.....anything.

You know what they say, "perfect is the enemy of good enough."

I'm a crappy coffee snob because I broke down and drank office coffee today. Weeping

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
24-08-2015, 02:06 PM
(24-08-2015 02:04 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 01:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Buy those standards I am a crappy ....everything. Luckily I don't care much about being a perfect.....anything.

You know what they say, "perfect is the enemy of good enough."

I'm a crappy coffee snob because I broke down and drank office coffee today. Weeping

BLASPHEMER!!! What's the problem? Did you break your French Press? Did your backup coffee maker disappear? WHY DO YOU HATE COFFEE?

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 5 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
24-08-2015, 02:10 PM
I'm like Slowminded, crappy everything, well except I'm not crappy at being crappy lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-08-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm a crappy booklover because yeah, books are awesome and everyone must read books, or else, but I'm not considered a true booklover because I'm very picky about my books and I despise most of the classics.

Does that count?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
24-08-2015, 02:26 PM
(24-08-2015 02:18 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm a crappy booklover because yeah, books are awesome and everyone must read books, or else, but I'm not considered a true booklover because I'm very picky about my books and I despise most of the classics.

Does that count?

That one applies to me as well. I haven't read a lot of the "classics" because I can't get into them. If a book is boring or irrelevant, I'm not gonna waste time reading it because someone says it's important that everyone does.

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
24-08-2015, 02:27 PM
(24-08-2015 02:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm like Slowminded, crappy everything, well except I'm not crappy at being crappy lol

I am actually crappy at being crappy too. Sometimes, out of nowhere and to everybody's surprise including myself I deliver.... a perfect move, line , gesture...

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
24-08-2015, 02:30 PM
(24-08-2015 02:27 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 02:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm like Slowminded, crappy everything, well except I'm not crappy at being crappy lol

I am actually crappy at being crappy too. Sometimes, out of nowhere and to everybody's surprise including myself I deliver.... a perfect move, line , gesture...

Like the kid who sucks at basketball but is forced to play on the schools team, usually can't play well but may make a good play once or twice. I can joke about this because I was that kid Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-08-2015, 03:16 PM

Error. Selfesteem.exe is not found. Please reinstall the program.

As for me, I'm so crappy I don't care about being crappy, forgetting that I am crappy.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post