Hindu
Buddhist
Evangelical Protestant
Mormon
Scientologist
Spiritualist
Cultist (Please name cult in comments)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
I'm a former _______.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2016, 02:00 PM
RE: I'm a former _______.
I'm a former boring standard generic protestant, I have attended presbyterian, methodist, baptist and non-denominational evangelical churches. As far as I could tell it was all more or less the same bullshit, with odd variations.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-04-2016, 02:22 PM
I realize there isn't enough options, but they only give me 11 spots.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
19-04-2016, 02:25 PM
So... aren't Roman Catholics Christians? I mean, you do have some denominations on that list, but I don't see why a Roman Catholic couldn't also identify as "Christian".

What was I? A Christian? An Orthodox? A Christian Orthodox? A Christian Eastern Orthodox? Consider Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Wouldn't Catholic and Protestant both count as Christian ?
Also, where would Seventh-day Adventism go?
19-04-2016, 02:30 PM
(19-04-2016 02:25 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  So... aren't Roman Catholics Christians? I mean, you do have some denominations on that list, but I don't see why a Roman Catholic couldn't also identify as "Christian".

What was I? A Christian? An Orthodox? A Christian Orthodox? A Christian Eastern Orthodox? Consider Tongue

Yes and No. Catholics have a lot of practices that Christians don't. It's a bigger push of Jesus. Oh yeah and the whole Pope thing.

I was told most Christians don't look favorable on Catholics ether.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
19-04-2016, 02:34 PM
(19-04-2016 02:26 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Wouldn't Catholic and Protestant both count as Christian ?
Also, where would Seventh-day Adventism go?

I have a line of ancestors that would disagree.

I was doing a search on my family tree and came to a road block on my Great grand-father. When I ask my Grammpy about more on our family name he shrugged his shoulders. Said he doesn't know either because his father married a Catholic girl and their family was Protestant. So his father (My great grandfather) became disowned from the family.

19-04-2016, 02:35 PM
While not a "follower" I did once attend a church service at the People's Temple.

A friend and her mom brought me.

@CosmicRaven

I was Roman Catholic and Christians loved telling me that I was not a Christian™. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-04-2016, 02:38 PM
It's interesting how people argue about who's a real Christian. Have they not read Matthew 7:5?
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
19-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Here are some of the Catholic Practices that you may not have done.

Eating dry waxy crackers, and red wine that are imbued by the holy spirit turning them into the Flesh and Blood of Jesus.

Rosary Beads depending on your sin you had to say a number of prayers with this.

The Pope is the Voice of God.

Fasting (Unless you forget)

Putting ashes of dry palm leaves on your forehead.

Confessions for every bad thought or action you did.

2 hour sermons that would involve kneeling, sitting and standing at random intervals.

A full blown corpse cut out of Jesus hanging from the crucifix.

[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
19-04-2016, 03:08 PM
My parents church hopped a lot. Methodist, Assembly of God, Church of Cod, Southern Baptist, Full Gospel, some travel trailer with a cross painted on it.

I was into 'new age' shit for a couple of years as a teenager, then got into parody religions in my twenties.

I'm a dues-paying SubGenius, and technically a member of the Satanic Temple, though I don't follow it much.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.