Hindu
Buddhist
Evangelical Protestant
Mormon
Scientologist
Spiritualist
Cultist (Please name cult in comments)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
I'm a former _______.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: I'm a former _______.
Need an Other.
Raised Roman Catholic.
Something similar to Seventh Day Adventists.
Something Abrahamic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2016, 04:38 PM
(19-04-2016 03:21 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 03:12 PM)DerFish Wrote:  My brother sent me a bunch of shit not too ling ago showing me where Egg White predicted the shaking out of the chaff (chaff being me) just before the end times, or as part of the end times or something. I didn't read it. But the most amazing is that he said it was something NEW! Just discovered among her writings? Don't know!

The end times stuff always scared me as a kid. Why did he say it was just discovered? Adventists have been teaching that for a while now.
We're you ever taught about the national Sunday law?

Yes, and that used to worry me too, especially when the local K-Mart was forced to close on Sundays. But right now Obama is having secret meetings with the Pope. Or so says my brother the Holy Advent preacher!
19-04-2016, 04:47 PM
(19-04-2016 04:38 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 03:21 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  The end times stuff always scared me as a kid. Why did he say it was just discovered? Adventists have been teaching that for a while now.
We're you ever taught about the national Sunday law?

Yes, and that used to worry me too, especially when the local K-Mart was forced to close on Sundays. But right now Obama is having secret meetings with the Pope. Or so says my brother the Holy Advent preacher!

The pope was always behind everything evil. He would gain control of the world and make worshiping on the Sabbath illegal or whatever. That would be God's last test or whatever. (Adventists seem to forget about Jews and other Sabbath keepers.)

As an Adventist, I looked down on anyone who wasn't an SDA. They didn't have the "Sabbath truth" or the "health message."
19-04-2016, 04:48 PM
None of the above. I was never really raised to think that a belief or a faith was anything other than an adopted philosophy to either commit one's self to or not. It kind of makes the study of different faiths very interesting and informative. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-04-2016, 04:50 PM
(19-04-2016 03:12 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 01:41 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Cool. Another former Adventist. I say Egg white too sometimes. I'm glad we're free from that stuff. >.<

My brother sent me a bunch of shit not too long ago showing me where Egg White predicted the shaking out of the chaff (chaff being me) just before the end times, or as part of the end times or something. I didn't read it. But the most amazing is that he said it was something NEW! Just discovered among her writings? Don't know!

Who is this Egg White of whom you speak?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-04-2016, 04:57 PM
(19-04-2016 04:47 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 04:38 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Yes, and that used to worry me too, especially when the local K-Mart was forced to close on Sundays. But right now Obama is having secret meetings with the Pope. Or so says my brother the Holy Advent preacher!

The pope was always behind everything evil. He would gain control of the world and make worshiping on the Sabbath illegal or whatever. That would be God's last test or whatever. (Adventists seem to forget about Jews and other Sabbath keepers.)

As an Adventist, I looked down on anyone who wasn't an SDA. They didn't have the "Sabbath truth" or the "health message."

How come God didn't tell Egg White about sugar when He outlined the health message? Those Adventist pot suck lunches serve more sugar than I normally eat in any month! More desserts than real food.
19-04-2016, 05:01 PM
(19-04-2016 04:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 03:12 PM)DerFish Wrote:  My brother sent me a bunch of shit not too long ago showing me where Egg White predicted the shaking out of the chaff (chaff being me) just before the end times, or as part of the end times or something. I didn't read it. But the most amazing is that he said it was something NEW! Just discovered among her writings? Don't know!

Who is this Egg White of whom you speak?

Ellen G Harmon got hit in the head with a rock in her early teens and started seeing visions shortly there after. She later married James White and became E.G. White to the faithful. It has been proven that most of her works was plagiarized but it is still considered sacred by the faithful. She died in 1917 or so. But every once in a while someone finds New Light in her work!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
19-04-2016, 05:06 PM
(19-04-2016 04:57 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 04:47 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  The pope was always behind everything evil. He would gain control of the world and make worshiping on the Sabbath illegal or whatever. That would be God's last test or whatever. (Adventists seem to forget about Jews and other Sabbath keepers.)

How come God didn't tell Egg White about sugar when He outlined the health message? Those Adventist pot suck lunches serve more sugar than I normally eat in any month! More desserts than real food.

And cheese. Oh my. Egg white spoke against cheese too, but it's used a lot. Speaking of food, we also weren't allow to have unclean meats. Did you grow up with fake meat? "Big franks", superlinks, "Swiss steak", FriChik, Boca burgers, etc? I do know some people did eat real stuff as long as it was clean like beef or fish or chicken.
19-04-2016, 05:13 PM
(19-04-2016 05:06 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 04:57 PM)DerFish Wrote:  How come God didn't tell Egg White about sugar when He outlined the health message? Those Adventist pot suck lunches serve more sugar than I normally eat in any month! More desserts than real food.

And cheese. Oh my. Egg white spoke against cheese too, but it's used a lot. Speaking of food, we also weren't allow to have unclean meats. Did you grow up with fake meat? "Big franks", superlinks, "Swiss steak", FriChik, Boca burgers, etc? I do know some people did eat real stuff as long as it was clean like beef or fish or chicken.

I spent three years in Academy and one year at Union College in Lincoln Nebraska, we called the fake meat all kinds of different things. Isn't Boca Burgers a new thing? Of course I am 70 years old and have been away from that shit for 30 years or more, but don't remember Boca burgers until last year when my oldest brother died and I went back to be with the family and that was served. Kelloggs Foods was first formed to make such crap. Dr Kellogg was one of the founders of the Advent Church but when he didn't give all his profits to the church he was more or less pushed out.
19-04-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm a former Republican

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson