Hindu
Buddhist
Evangelical Protestant
Mormon
Scientologist
Spiritualist
Cultist (Please name cult in comments)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
I'm a former _______.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-08-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: I'm a former _______.
I'm a former_____
Southern Baptist
Christian
Deist/Pantheist

Conservative
Republican
Libertarian

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-08-2016, 02:12 PM
I'm a former:
American Baptist
Cub Scout
Creationist (for like 6 months when I was 11, but still counting it).

(19-04-2016 02:42 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Putting ashes of dry palm leaves on your forehead.
That's supposed to just be Catholic? I had ashes when I was a Baptist, gotten them before at my mother's Methodist church, and at my Catholic parish.

(19-04-2016 03:37 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Shit I forgot about the saints. We even had a saint for lost keys. (Saint Anthony)
“Tony, Tony, turn around, Something’s lost that must be found.”

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2016, 03:16 PM
(19-04-2016 03:11 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 02:42 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Putting ashes of dry palm leaves on your forehead.

Wat.

Yeah, Ash Wednesday (first day of Lent). You go to church in the morning, they rub some ashes on your forehead and recite a little verse to remind you that you will return to dust (or ashes). You're supposed to leave the mark on your forehead all day, but hardly anybody does.

On the last Sunday of Lent (Palm Sunday, a week before Easter), everybody gets a blessed palm that you're supposed to put up somewhere in your house for the year. Next Lent, you bring them back, and they burn them to make the ashes for Ash Wednesday.

Do the Greek Orthodox not do this?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
10-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Recovering CoC here. And I mean the really conservative kind. Simple church building, no instrumental music, can't dance, can't drink any alcohol, no gambling, women can't do jack shit in worship services, you aren't saved until you're baptized, literal interpretation of the Bible/young Earth creationists, and anything to do with the gays is the worst thing ever. Also they really discourage men from having longer hair and women from having shorter hair, strongly discourage men having any earrings and either sex having tattoos.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
05-09-2016, 06:05 AM
(02-08-2016 12:52 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 01:32 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm a former:
-Seventh-day Adventist
- non-denominational Christian.

There was also a time when I used Ouija boards and practiced telekinesis. That's mixed in there somewhere.

I also am a Seventh-Day-Atheist

You are right now or you used to be?

☆☆☆
05-09-2016, 06:18 AM
Former Catholic myself. I found church boring or scary depending on the sermon. The "father" was a hypocrite who smoked. Most of the only reason I went was to pine after a girl who attended. I find today my Sundays are better spent watching football and posting on line.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
05-09-2016, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 07:31 AM by Gloucester.)
Er, are Catholics not Christians?

I can't tick any of those. As a small kids I was packed of yo Sunday school: Anglican, Methodist, Catholic - whatever, just a way for my parents to get a peaceful afternnon.

School assemblies had to be Christian - by law then,

The RAF did not recognise "atheist" or "humanist", so I was officially Christian there as well.

But, I saw through the propaganda and brainwashing at an early age so, in my mind, I was never any of those.

You need an "Born atheist" category as well, sensei!

Later: no, forget that, being a "former born atheist" means you no longer are such, er, yes, um...

Or were you not interested in how many members never got snared in the big spider web of religion?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
05-09-2016, 07:44 AM
(05-09-2016 07:25 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Er, are Catholics not Christians?

I can't tick any of those. As a small kids I was packed of yo Sunday school: Anglican, Methodist, Catholic - whatever, just a way for my parents to get a peaceful afternnon.

The RAF did not recognise "atheist" or "humanist", so I was officially Christian there as well.

But, I saw through the propaganda and brainwashing at an early age so, in my mind, I was never any of those.

Later: no, forget that, being a "former born atheist" means you no longer are such, er, yes, um...

Or were you not interested in how many members never got snared in the big spider web of religion?

Most sects think that the others are doing it wrong, and a lot of them consider Catholics not to be xtians. Catholics think they belong to"The One True Church".
05-09-2016, 07:47 AM
(05-09-2016 07:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 07:25 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Er, are Catholics not Christians?

Most sects think that the others are doing it wrong, and a lot of them consider Catholics not to be xtians. Catholics think they belong to"The One True Church".
Catholics think? Shocking

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
05-09-2016, 02:13 PM
I voted spiritualist because it comes closed with the faith in the old nordic gods and the witchcraft.
(Loki my favourite to this day. Don't believe in him as a God anymore but the concept of Loki is cool)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -