I'm a freak because. .....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Brick I'm a freak because. .....
What are all your weird little idiosyncrasies and peccadillios that make you you? What makes you a freak?

I don't have too many but I have one that I'm very aware of every time I'm in New York: I'm incapable of walking stairs without watching my feet touch each step. In a city where people are flying up and down the steps of the subway or in Penn Station, I'm the guy walking the steps like he's a toddler. And, if you I'm capable of doing this at anything resembling an adult cadence, you've now got the totally wrong mental picture. I look like I'm trying to catch the short bus, and it's not leaving until I manage to get there.

It's not even that I'm afraid of tripping or anything. I just can't navigate stairs without watching my feet hit each step. It's odd because I zoom through the city like a native .... until I need to taking a fucking step. It's quite maddening.

So, the moral to the story is if there is a guy chasing you, and you think it's me, and you think you're dead if I catch you, just run down a flight of stairs (I'm much faster going up) and your escape is guaranteed.

Who else is a freak? Let's start the show.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
14-01-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: I'm a freak because. .....
I'm a freak, because when I gotta fart I fart! And if 300 people hear it and smell it then buck the whole funch of you!
[+] 4 users Like DerFish's post
14-01-2016, 08:00 PM
I don't know if it's necessarily freak behavior but I do like to contort myself into various shapes each day (i.e. yoga) and when I am not able to do that on a daily basis I feel Hobo I'm also like Linus, I can't sleep unless I have "my comforter" which I wrap myself like a cocoon in. I even bring it with me whenever I can when I'm traveling.
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
14-01-2016, 08:07 PM
I have a habit of telling jokes but making them sound serious. It has caused confusion in the past. I don't take that many things seriously.

Now I have mental issues caused by the drug I am on 24/7. When first put on it I was a total mental case. It really affected me and I was on watch, serious watch, on the cancer ward at the hospital. "Dale, what days is it?" "Tuesday." "No, it's Saturday."

It got pretty bad. I have it now. I want to practice congas but cannot seem to begin. Unsure what to do. I am posting here in an effort to regain my brain. It has not gone well. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
14-01-2016, 08:14 PM
I do the same thing as you, except I've never been to New York, and I'm from a small, rural town.

-- I park at the end of most parking lots. I do this for three reasons. 1.) I can't park worth a damn. 2.) I don't like the thought of people dinging up my car by parking too close to me. 3.) If I'm going to class and I'm going to sit on my ass for an hour, I want to at least get a good, brisk walk in beforehand! But seriously, I can't help it. I don't mind walking and walking and walking and walking some more. I hate when I'm riding with somebody and they want to practically fight other people for parking spaces. Just let it go. Let's walk!

-- If I'm exhausted during the winter and it's extremely cold outside (and caffeine isn't helping me wake up), I'll take off my shirt and stand on my porch for a couple of minutes until I can't physically stand it any longer, and then come back in the house. The shock of the cold usually wakes me up quick. Yeah, probably not an intelligent thing to do, but I don't claim to be! Any other time of the year, I'll take a cold shower. The coldness not only feels energizing, but invigorating as well.

-- Every single night before I go to bed, I check to make sure my keys and wallet are together, and that the contents inside my wallet are all there, right where they are supposed to be. I hate misplacing things. Even when I get into my car to go somewhere, I do the check. "Wallet, cell phone, seatbelt." Habits...
[+] 5 users Like UndauntedToast's post
14-01-2016, 08:21 PM
The older I get, the harder it is for me to keep my mouth shut. I'll even think it over first, decide I shouldn't say anything, then let it fly.
So, if any of you ever see an old man getting his ass kicked for being a rude asshole, it could be me. Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
14-01-2016, 08:27 PM
(14-01-2016 08:14 PM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  I do the same thing as you, except I've never been to New York, and I'm from a small, rural town.

-- I park at the end of most parking lots. I do this for three reasons. 1.) I can't park worth a damn. 2.) I don't like the thought of people dinging up my car by parking too close to me. 3.) If I'm going to class and I'm going to sit on my ass for an hour, I want to at least get a good, brisk walk in beforehand! But seriously, I can't help it. I don't mind walking and walking and walking and walking some more. I hate when I'm riding with somebody and they want to practically fight other people for parking spaces. Just let it go. Let's walk!

-- If I'm exhausted during the winter and it's extremely cold outside (and caffeine isn't helping me wake up), I'll take off my shirt and stand on my porch for a couple of minutes until I can't physically stand it any longer, and then come back in the house. The shock of the cold usually wakes me up quick. Yeah, probably not an intelligent thing to do, but I don't claim to be! Any other time of the year, I'll take a cold shower. The coldness not only feels energizing, but invigorating as well.

-- Every single night before I go to bed, I check to make sure my keys and wallet are together, and that the contents inside my wallet are all there, right where they are supposed to be. I hate misplacing things. Even when I get into my car to go somewhere, I do the check. "Wallet, cell phone, seatbelt." Habits...

You remind me of the old rabbi who was seen crossing himself. Caught ya his Catholic friend said. "Huh?" said our rabbi. "Crossing yourself!"
"Nope, just checking to make sure I am all put together Spectacles testicles watch and wallet!"
[+] 6 users Like DerFish's post
14-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Part of my daily internet routine includes going to two certain sites (that I wont list on here) which host some of the most horrific things you can imagine.

I can watch people being tortured, hurt through accidents, beheaded, stoned to death, crushed by tanks, children blown up in war, ISIS executions. I just watch it with no emotional feeling in a morbid fascination of how fucked up life is and just how bad humanity can treat each other.

Show me an animal getting hurt though and it makes me so sad and angry. In fact I skip most videos where animals get hurt, pretty much in the same way I imagine people skip the sort of videos I watch.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
14-01-2016, 09:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is freaky but I kinda think it is. When I sleep at night I always sleep on my side in a kind of sideways runners pose. I look like someone going over hurdles except I'm in bed. When I flip over to the other side I'm running in the opposite direction. I take up a lot of room in bed. Kinda weird. Adding to that I have to have my eyes covered with something to keep out the dark. I hate those blackout eye covers thingies because they're too tight on my head so I get a T-shirt and loosely lay it over my head. I look like an idiot but this is the only way I can sleep.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-01-2016, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 09:36 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
I express very little emotion usually. I can smile, but it tends to be when something makes me laugh (I haven't felt "joy" in a long time). Also, I've been psychologically conditioned not to cry. I suppose that might be common, though. Genetically speaking, I was born with a disorder called VCFS which resulted in a heart defect, a triple hernia, hearing problems, and feeding problems. All of those things are fixed now, fortunately. Only problem is I have a high chance of passing it on to potential offspring, so that's the main factor in my decision not to have children.

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post