I'm a freak because. .....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: I'm a freak because. .....
I'm intensely ill with paranoia and also a misanthropistic recluse. So I hate everyone and won't eat your food, but you'll probably never see me anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Gilgamesh's post
14-01-2016, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 10:16 PM by Heatheness.)
I break into song in public if the music moves me. I love musicals, always have and as I listen to music in stores or malls or festivals and if the music inspires me some way I will sing the song. Not to myself but out loud. I have a medium voice, used to be good but not so much anymore.

I have also been known (not as often as singing but still) to dance as well. Not a jiggy little dance standing in place but a fly down the isle Gene Kelly style and sometimes with carts or mops and brooms, a vacuum cleaner once. My son has been known to make me promise not to, before going out with me. Big Grin

[Image: Singing-in-the-Rain-GeneKelly-large.jpg]

Edit to add a little story:
When I was about 8 months pregnant with my first baby and living in a very small town in SE Kansas I was at the grocery store and just singing away as I approached the checker. I tiny little old lady touched my shoulder from behind, I turned and she said, "That ways so lovely." I blushed and replied, "Sorry, I forget that I'm singing out loud sometimes." She said, "No, I loved it. When my sister and I were girls we sang wherever we went. Two girls, holding hands, singing songs. It was wonderful. You reminded me of that. My sister passed last year." She had near tears in her eyes. I hugged her. When I left I sang and cried all the walk home but I never felt embarrassed about my singing again.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 8 users Like Heatheness's post
14-01-2016, 10:38 PM
I make a point of learning the names of pet stores' resident cats.

When sitting quietly somewhere, often I can be seen drumming a rhythm on My thighs with one or both hands, or playing an invisible instrument, nodding in time to ambient music or the music in My head. (Currently it's the ending of Bugler's Holiday by Leroy Anderson.) Once at the Concert Hall, at intermission the woman in the row behind Me asked if I was a clarinet player -- Apparently I had been playing along with the Symphony and wasn't even aware of it.

On nights when there's a lot of road rage or other disturbance outside and I feel ill at ease, before going upstairs to go to bed I place wards on the exterior doors by tracing runes over them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
15-01-2016, 06:22 AM
(14-01-2016 10:38 PM)Astreja Wrote:  On nights when there's a lot of road rage or other disturbance outside and I feel ill at ease, before going upstairs to go to bed I place wards on the exterior doors by tracing runes over them.

Out of curiosity, which runes?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
15-01-2016, 06:43 AM
Often have my fingers going without realizing it, either typing words I've just read or playing air clarinet/piano.

I can't sleep on my back (because what if spiders land on my face? ice).

When I'm nervous, I pace and count my steps to keep calm.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
15-01-2016, 06:55 AM
(14-01-2016 10:38 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I make a point of learning the names of pet stores' resident cats.

When sitting quietly somewhere, often I can be seen drumming a rhythm on My thighs with one or both hands, or playing an invisible instrument, nodding in time to ambient music or the music in My head. (Currently it's the ending of Bugler's Holiday by Leroy Anderson.) Once at the Concert Hall, at intermission the woman in the row behind Me asked if I was a clarinet player -- Apparently I had been playing along with the Symphony and wasn't even aware of it.

On nights when there's a lot of road rage or other disturbance outside and I feel ill at ease, before going upstairs to go to bed I place wards on the exterior doors by tracing runes over them.

I'm a clarinet player married to another clarinet player, and we find ourselves doing that all the time. I actually used those automatic finger play-alongs as a plot point in a mystery novel once.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
15-01-2016, 09:17 AM
There are quite a few:

Whenever anyone says something that contains a phrase that is part of a song, which is pretty much every conversation ever, I start hearing that song play in head.

I hate disorganization. I also hate organizing things. So, I am always in a constant state of anxiety over my surroundings and self-loathing that I haven't done anything about it.

I guess I am obligated here to mention that I have noticeably small nipples.

I love nudity; probably a little excessively. I just like being naked and seeing other naked people.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 4 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
15-01-2016, 09:42 AM
I get called a freak because I have absolutely no regulation of what type of meal goes anywhere in the day. Like for breakfast today I had a bunch of tomato and mushroom pasta and a glass of red wine. Last night I had a flapjack for dinner. The other day I had a steak and chips at 7 in the morning, then some muesli in yoghurt for lunch.

Also I ring church bells in English Change Ringing style for a hobby and that made all of the American atheists I know lose their shit for a bit, so that is probably kinda freakish too.

Also sometimes I get some sort of tourettes thing for 10-15 minutes, then it stops.

Also I sleep in a running pose, but it's like some sort of hellish thing because if I lay on my left side then it's not particularly comfortable, but if I lay on my right side I'll be super comfortable for about 10 minutes, then I'll suddenly get absolutely insane heartburn. However if I sleep on my left side I'll wake up with heartburn, but if I can fall asleep on my right side before the heartburn starts I'll wake up fine.

I only really noticed quite recently, but I seem to walk digitigrade whenever I'm not wearing shoes, but it's sort of slightly like I am walking on invisible heels.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
15-01-2016, 09:50 AM
(15-01-2016 09:17 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Whenever anyone says something that contains a phrase that is part of a song, which is pretty much every conversation ever, I start hearing that song play in head.

That's not normal?
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-01-2016, 10:18 AM
(14-01-2016 10:38 PM)Astreja Wrote:  On nights when there's a lot of road rage or other disturbance outside and I feel ill at ease, before going upstairs to go to bed I place wards on the exterior doors by tracing runes over them.

(15-01-2016 06:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Out of curiosity, which runes?

For simple protection, Algiz (looks like an upside-down peace symbol).

If I'm in a particularly nervous mood I'll overlay that with the Thurisaz rune, so that anyone who breaches security will get a right thumping upside the head from My brother Thor. (I also use this one as a ward against Myself if a place of business pisses Me off and I vow never to return -- I mentally draw it on the doorjamb as I leave, and make mental note not to cross that particular threshold again.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post