I'm a fucking mentally retarded piece of shit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm a fucking mentally retarded piece of shit.
I'm transgender. Yup, every single person on this forum hates me now. Why? Because they know that it means I'm mentally retarded. I don't know why everyone finds that funny, but they do. There is no cure for me. My life is over.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 09:18 PM by Hughsie.)
RE: I'm a fucking mentally retarded piece of shit.
I think you need help and I hope you find it. Not because of the tansgender thing but your choice of words in the title.

In fact on further reflection I'm going with my gut and closing this thread.

Thread reopened and I'll just keep an eye on it. Please remember this is the support section.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-05-2014, 04:17 PM
(06-05-2014 10:52 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm transgender. Yup, every single person on this forum hates me now. Why? Because they know that it means I'm mentally retarded. I don't know why everyone finds that funny, but they do. There is no cure for me. My life is over.

Diddo97. My daughter is transgender.

All through her teenage years my daughter suffered severe depression which she kept from us by putting up a smiling, happy front until the depression got so bad she started to hallucinate which she couldn't keep from us anymore.

To make a long story short we got her into therapy and on anti-depressants which helped tremendously. After she started taking hormones and transitioning the depression started to subside. She's 21 and really had to take the last three years to transition which my husband and I have supported. She's soooooo much happier now and I'm so glad she's found herself rather than being miserable. In the fall she will start college. She's very bright and wonderful and happy now.

Lastly, prior to the hormones she had a brain scan because of headaches she was having and they used a new kind of brain scan. They found her brain to be much more similar to a female brain. The headaches also went away when she started female hormones.

There is nothing wrong with you! You need to see a good therapist though it might take several therapists to find one that fits your personality.

If you want to private message me please feel free! I would love to talk to you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 14 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-05-2014, 04:30 PM
(06-05-2014 10:52 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm transgender. Yup, every single person on this forum hates me now. Why? Because they know that it means I'm mentally retarded. I don't know why everyone finds that funny, but they do. There is no cure for me. My life is over.

Diddo, I sent you a PM.

Hug

06-05-2014, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 06:14 PM by Mathilda.)
(06-05-2014 11:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think you need help and I hope you find it. Not because of the tansgender thing but your choice of words in the title.

Thread reopened and I'll just keep an eye on it. Please remember this is the support section.

I'm glad that you re-opened it because religious bigotry can be particularly pertinent to this medical condition and it may be relevant to any lurkers here. Maybe we should change the subject title to reflect what's being discussed rather than diddo's depression. I was in the middle of posting before when the thread was closed and I had to send it as a personal message.

There are two points I'd like to make, one is that a lot of devout Christians are actually OK with transgendered people. Far more than with homosexuality because people who have transitioned and who are Christian are generally far happier in traditional gender roles. It's something that they have had to go through a lot of hardship to even have the option.

I've already PM'ed this to diddo but any lurkers who come across this thread may also be interested. Even Pat Robertson is accepting of gender dysphoria.

http://christiannews.net/2013/07/31/pat-...with-that/

If you watch interviews about gay conversion courses, quite often when the subject of gender dysphoria is brought up, the interviewee is far more accepting of it because their main concern is their own abhorrence at the idea of performing homosexual acts and knowing that people do not always live in traditional gender roles. The conflict does not come from the Bible but from small town bigotry. If you want to keep your faith and still transition then move to a more tolerant area.

The second point I would like to make is that if you're young, transgendered and living in an overtly religious environment then you can find yourself between a rock and a hard place.

Generally people believe what they need to believe. On the one hand you have religious bigotry making you feel guilty and disgusted with yourself, but the prospect of transitioning is daunting and terrifying so the religious belief gives you an excuse to not go through that. It does not have to be a choice between one or the other. The problem stems from living in an area where people are not accepting of other's differences. Religion and transsexuality are two entirely different issues at heart that should not be conflated.

To such people I say gain your independence, accept that you may need to wait a few years before you can do this, and move to somewhere where you have the space to decide what you want to do without any pressure from people who are ignorant about this medical condition and are only thinking about themselves.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
06-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Um? I do NOT hate you one bit. And you don't need to be cured, btw.

How boring would this world be if everyone looked, dressed, and behaved the same? I really do enjoy the differences in people. My de-conversion did not change my heart, or how I see people.

No more "retarded" comments. Try using the word unique! Because you are! Heart

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 7 users Like CindysRain's post
06-05-2014, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 08:56 PM by kim.)

I don't know what you're going on about... what is there to cure?

Get with a good psychologist who can help you pull things together. Find one who not just about the transgender thing - you seem to have other issues that do not involve identity, per se.

Stop telling yourself the shit you might hear from fundamentalist religious fanatics. Every time you say some shitty thing about yourself, it just reinforces that shitty feeling - it's all a vicious cycle that only you can stop.

By the way... our dearest Lilith is a member of this forum and is an intersexed person who identifies as female. Lilith is amazing and intelligent and I find her to be one of the loveliest women I've ever had the pleasure to talk with.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-05-2014, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 07:24 PM by Hughsie.)
Content Removed

... this is my signature!
06-05-2014, 07:09 PM

Darlin', seems to me that the only person that hates you for being transgender on this forum is yourself. No one else here cares what you identify your gender as and no would think you're mentally retarded because you're transgender or think it would be a reason to laugh at you. The only cure you need is smiling at yourself in the mirror, using positive words to describe yourself and overall loving yourself. No I don't mean to "cure" your transgender-ness. I mean to cure your negative outlook on yourself because that's what I'm sensing what the real problem is.

As far as what to do I'd say listen to what everyone else before me has said especially Mathilda. It is very important to find yourself in a positive environment whether you physically find one (which depending on where you are in the world that might be hard) or mentally create a place that won't bring you down. Talk to a psychiatrist if you need to. Sorry I don't have much new for you in the way of advice. Just sayin' though that if you do not actively seek a better outlook for yourself, you will not be happy. If you really want a better life for yourself, you need to go out and make it.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
06-05-2014, 07:31 PM
(06-05-2014 05:53 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 11:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think you need help and I hope you find it. Not because of the tansgender thing but your choice of words in the title.

I'm glad that you re-opened it because religious bigotry can be particularly pertinent to this medical condition and it may be relevant to any lurkers here. Maybe we should change the subject title to reflect what's being discussed rather than diddo's depression. I was in the middle of posting before when the thread was closed and I had to send it as a personal message.

There are two points I'd like to make, one is that a lot of devout Christians are actually OK with transgendered people. Far more than with homosexuality because people who have transitioned and who are Christian are generally far happier in traditional gender roles. It's something that they have had to go through a lot of hardship to even have the option.

I've already PM'ed this to diddo but any lurkers who come across this thread may also be interested. Even Pat Robertson is accepting of gender dysphoria.

http://christiannews.net/2013/07/31/pat-...with-that/

If you watch interviews about gay conversion courses, quite often when the subject of gender dysphoria is brought up, the interviewee is far more accepting of it because their main concern is their own abhorrence at the idea of performing homosexual acts and knowing that people do not always live in traditional gender roles. The conflict does not come from the Bible but from small town bigotry. If you want to keep your faith and still transition then move to a more tolerant area.

The second point I would like to make is that if you're young, transgendered and living in an overtly religious environment then you can find yourself between a rock and a hard place.

Generally people believe what they need to believe. On the one hand you have religious bigotry making you feel guilty and disgusted with yourself, but the prospect of transitioning is daunting and terrifying so the religious belief gives you an excuse to not go through that. It does not have to be a choice between one or the other. The problem stems from living in an area where people are not accepting of other's differences. Religion and transsexuality are two entirely different issues at heart that should not be conflated.

To such people I say gain your independence, accept that you may need to wait a few years before you can do this, and move to somewhere where you have the space to decide what you want to do without any pressure from people who are ignorant about this medical condition and are only thinking about themselves.

To add to what Mathilda said concerning gender dysphoria it can take many forms and is a symptom of being transgender but not the cause of it. My daughter's gender dysphoria has slowly subsided with her hormone treatments. This is quite common. Within a month she said she felt 100% better, she's been on hormones for two years and now passes as a girl. She hasn't had any surgery yet and is working up to a decision on this.

As for her immediate family, she was very lucky to be born into an atheist family so religion hasn't been an issue. One thing, Diddo, is to find others transgender people who are willing to listen to you and give you some encouragement and advice in dealing with your family. Reddit has a transgender forum. http://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/

There are many online transgender organizations that can help you face your future. Here is an article about gender dysphoria written by a transgender woman. It's wonderful. It might speak to you in ways I can't.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/zinniajones/...dysphoria/

I've also come across meetup groups for transgender men and women at Meetup.com There might be a group near where you live.

No. No. No. You are NOT retarded! You're simply transgender.

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post