I'm a fucking mentally retarded piece of shit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 12:51 PM
RE: I'm a fucking mentally retarded piece of shit.
(07-05-2014 12:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  My parents aren't terribly religious. I am doing home school. (sort of Dodgy )

Believe it or not you could be in a worse situation. You could live in South Carolina or Georgia in a family of Jehovah's Witnesses or super fundamental christian types. California is a very diverse place. It has everything, from the super conservative to ultra liberal. Fresno has conservative farm people in the outer parts of the city and the small towns surrounding it, but there is a big pocket of liberalism inside the city of Fresno. What are your interests. Science, music, art? Are you latino, white, African American.......?

You seem to want to know quite a bit about me...

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 01:07 PM
(07-05-2014 12:51 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You seem to want to know quite a bit about me...

If you are here to discuss you then people would have to know about you in order to do so.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
07-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the links dancefortwo regarding the transgendered brain. I shall bookmark them and look through them later. I was heartened to hear that scientists can now recognise male, female and transgendered brains by observing the ratios of white a grey matter in the brain. It used to be that they could only tell from post mortem and there was always the question of whether the part of the brain had developed like that because of hormone therapy. I found it really interesting that your daughter had those brain scans and her headaches stopped when she transitioned.
07-05-2014, 02:22 PM
(07-05-2014 12:51 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Believe it or not you could be in a worse situation. You could live in South Carolina or Georgia in a family of Jehovah's Witnesses or super fundamental christian types. California is a very diverse place. It has everything, from the super conservative to ultra liberal. Fresno has conservative farm people in the outer parts of the city and the small towns surrounding it, but there is a big pocket of liberalism inside the city of Fresno. What are your interests. Science, music, art? Are you latino, white, African American.......?

You seem to want to know quite a bit about me...

I'm sorry. You don't have to answer. Some cultures are more accepting of gay and transgender people and I was just curious about your background. I completely understand that you don't want to answer.

My daughter came to me when she was 18 and told me she was transgender. Do you think you could tell anyone yet? A friend maybe.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-05-2014, 02:51 PM
(07-05-2014 02:18 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Thanks for the links dancefortwo regarding the transgendered brain. I shall bookmark them and look through them later. I was heartened to hear that scientists can now recognise male, female and transgendered brains by observing the ratios of white a grey matter in the brain. It used to be that they could only tell from post mortem and there was always the question of whether the part of the brain had developed like that because of hormone therapy. I found it really interesting that your daughter had those brain scans and her headaches stopped when she transitioned.

Yes. You probably know that scientists are mapping the brain, similar to the genome project. I expect they will discover many things about the brain. There is a variety of ways to image the brain these days using different techniques.

For quite some time I blamed myself for my daughters transgender status and wondered what I did during my pregnancy to effect this outcome. My husband and I wondered what we did wrong raising her and constantly beat ourselves up over it. We raised her in the same manner as our other child but I finally realized that no one is to blame, least of all our daughter. We all have differences in our brains and bodies, how feminine or masculine our thinking is, who we are attracted to and how we process information. We are who we are and as long as you aren't out causing war, criminal activities and crapping on other people's lives as long as you're a decent person then hey, it's all good.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-05-2014, 12:51 PM
(06-05-2014 10:52 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm transgender. Yup, every single person on this forum hates me now. Why? Because they know that it means I'm mentally retarded. I don't know why everyone finds that funny, but they do. There is no cure for me. My life is over.
Hey diddo97. I'm new here, and in fact found my way to this thread because someone above linked to my Transgender Science blog.

If you need someone to talk to about all of this, please feel free to contact me via email or PM. I am a transgender woman, too (out and proud!) and I once felt the way you did. It is not a good place to be in, and it is not a fair assessment of your self-identity. Please, contact me if you want. If you don't, please consider seeking out a qualified therapist with experience dealing with gender identity. They can help you work through the dark thoughts.

As well, I can hang out here in this thread, read up on everyone's thoughts, and contribute my own if anyone wants to hear it. [I am a fan of Seth's show, just never came to the forums before; always wanted an excuse to check it out.]

-- Ali

Alison Edwards ~ Blogging at Transgender Science and Skeptoid
[+] 3 users Like Ariamythe's post
08-05-2014, 04:15 PM
(06-05-2014 10:52 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm transgender. Yup, every single person on this forum hates me now. Why? Because they know that it means I'm mentally retarded. I don't know why everyone finds that funny, but they do. There is no cure for me. My life is over.

You need a bigass GirlyMan PedoBear hug.
[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

(08-05-2014 12:51 PM)Ariamythe Wrote:  Hey diddo97. I'm new here, and in fact found my way to this thread because someone above linked to my Transgender Science blog.

Welcome! And you have an excellent web site. I'm not transgender but a GirlyMan on TRT for going on a decade and think I know a thing or 2 about male HRT but I'm learning new shit from your site. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-05-2014, 04:27 PM
It's great to have you here Ariamythe! Feel free to explore the other sections of the forum. A lot of discussion topics and ... well... we do have our moments of madness. Wink

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-05-2014, 04:31 PM
(08-05-2014 12:51 PM)Ariamythe Wrote:  
Hey diddo97. I'm new here, and in fact found my way to this thread because someone above linked to my Transgender Science blog.

If you need someone to talk to about all of this, please feel free to contact me via email or PM. I am a transgender woman, too (out and proud!) and I once felt the way you did. It is not a good place to be in, and it is not a fair assessment of your self-identity. Please, contact me if you want. If you don't, please consider seeking out a qualified therapist with experience dealing with gender identity. They can help you work through the dark thoughts.

As well, I can hang out here in this thread, read up on everyone's thoughts, and contribute my own if anyone wants to hear it. [I am a fan of Seth's show, just never came to the forums before; always wanted an excuse to check it out.]

-- Ali

Welcome and very nice website! Very informative! Not trans myself but I believe everyone has a right to be what they want to be and I have interest in the transformation itself because of a friend I had in college (female to male, he's changed his name and has done the chest reconstruction but haven't talked to him recently to see if he's finished his transformation). That and I marvel at the fact that we've gotten that far in medical science and love that it gives people the ability become who they see themselves as.

Diddo, Ariamythe seems to be very knowledge-able about your situation. Even if you're skeptical, I would talk to her. Also, seeing your other posts, I will remind you that you are only as good as you allow yourself to believe. Many people have informed you that not everyone hates you, that you aren't mentally ill due to being transgender, and hope the best for you. If you weren't worth it we wouldn't think that way. You are worth being happy no matter how you identify your gender but you have to let yourself be happy with yourself. I think a good step to take would be to at least talk to Ariamythe here and try to do things that make you happy to make you comfortable with yourself. Also take GirlyMan's hug! You don't wanna say no to the GirlyMan!

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
08-05-2014, 04:48 PM
(08-05-2014 04:31 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Also take GirlyMan's hug! You don't wanna say no to the GirlyMan!

Saying no to a GirlyMan hug is an option available to only a very select few on the planet. Big Grin

[Image: marathon.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post