I'm a gamer so fuck off!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: I'm a gamer so fuck off!
You know about those feely-gamey-gloves they've developed? They're not on the market right now, but can you imagine? Imagine playing Second Life with those things! Or.... skyping with me or Losty..... Angel

Or... me AND Losty....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
27-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Some people drink or watch TV to decompress at the end of the day. I kill dragons with my Imperial fighter/wizard hybrid.

I'm in my 40s.

I'm a gamer, so fuck off.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 2 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
27-04-2014, 05:12 PM
(27-04-2014 01:28 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 12:57 PM)Sam Wrote:  You're right Mason...

Gaming is as much a part of our generation's culture as music, movies, TV and books. I would say more so than to the previous generation when games were generally aimed at children.

They're just another string to the bow of artistic expression and entertainment.

At this stage in my life, I don't have many ways to escape... I'm jobless, bored and stuck with my parents. In video games I can escape and do something exciting for an hour or two.

Contrary to what a lot of rather snobby people say, imagination is a huge part of gaming. Especially if you play RPGs, where you are left to fill in the blanks of character back story and ambiguous plot details.

I must have put 700 hours into Skyrim... No one else in my family gets what the fuss is about. But I think a huge part of the enjoyment is the imagination, which I always keep private... I won' tell anyone my character builds. They're entirely my invention.

For kids? KIDS? ...

Well yeah, they were but I was a kid. Megadrive and SNES started doing some games aimed at older people, the PS1 is the real first adult console, mid 90s when I was in my late teens, so I guess I was lucky. S' pose if you lot are the gaming generation that means I'm from the golden age Laugh out load

You've got to agree that most games for the NES/SNES or Sega were aimed at kids or young teenagers...

I've still got my SNES... The games are so delightfully innocent. Laugh out load

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
27-04-2014, 11:11 PM
(27-04-2014 05:12 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 01:28 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  For kids? KIDS? ...

Well yeah, they were but I was a kid. Megadrive and SNES started doing some games aimed at older people, the PS1 is the real first adult console, mid 90s when I was in my late teens, so I guess I was lucky. S' pose if you lot are the gaming generation that means I'm from the golden age Laugh out load

You've got to agree that most games for the NES/SNES or Sega were aimed at kids or young teenagers...

I've still got my SNES... The games are so delightfully innocent. Laugh out load

I do agree. Look at that era overall though and what was classed as an 18 film then would be PG now. The whole era was more innocent. Overall though yes.

I remember the media buzz in the 90s. It was in the press and console mags like mean machine, where game devs and players had a lot of open dialogue about games maturing and growing up with their current generation of fans! There were cartoon sketches in these publications about future games like zimmer wars and colostomy colonies. ... I had my master system then so I'll have been about 15.

I bet you kids don't even know what a master system is without using Google! ... You don't bloody know you're born! Big Grin

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
28-04-2014, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2014 01:21 AM by BlackMason.)
(27-04-2014 04:39 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  Some people drink or watch TV to decompress at the end of the day. I kill dragons with my Imperial fighter/wizard hybrid.

I'm in my 40s.

I'm a gamer, so fuck off.

More power to you!!! That's the shit I'm talking bout. I'll always be a gamer!

(27-04-2014 12:41 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  It is easy to go overboard but I still prefer gaming in my downtime to most other things. A good movie is a rarity to me and I like the challenge. ... You should definitely sell your PS3 though ... Then get a PS4 Smile

I find that people who don't like consoles as adults were shit gamers when they were kids. Smile

Yeah it really is easy to go overboard. Like yesterday I played Doom 3 BFG edition for like 4 hours! That's coz I was waiting for my cousin to give me the go ahead for the party which ended up not happening.

I am thinking bout selling my PS3 for a PS4. I'm not gonna get one just yet though. The launch versions of new consoles are usually the most buggy.

The challenge is also what I like in games. I usually play games on the top two hardest levels of difficulty except sports games. I also love figuring out what to do in a particular part after having been stuck a while. It's a huge reward for having a brain and using it. I like feeling like I've earned something.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
28-04-2014, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2014 08:44 AM by Hobbitgirl.)
I actually find that gaming is becoming a more "legitimate" form of entertainment these days.

The budgets are getting bigger, More is coming out.

Its one of the more rapidly growing employment areas.

They are expensive, but still more bang for your buck than a movie.

But I hear you. As a 31 year old gamer I do get tired of hearing that its a "kids" hobby" even though the average age of a gamer is is literally my age.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/

Give it time. It will get better. (as long as the government doesnt ban them to stop school shootings and suicide)
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
28-04-2014, 08:43 AM
(27-04-2014 01:33 PM)Charis Wrote:  You know about those feely-gamey-gloves they've developed? They're not on the market right now, but can you imagine? Imagine playing Second Life with those things! Or.... skyping with me or Losty..... Angel

Or... me AND Losty....

[Image: omni_vr-7.png]
Might want to add this to your skype "chat"

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
28-04-2014, 08:46 AM
(28-04-2014 08:36 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I actually find that gaming is becoming a more "legitimate" form of entertainment these days.

But I hear you. As a 31 year old gamer I do get tired of hearing that its a "kids" hobby" even though the average age of a gamer is is literally my age.

Give it time. It will get better. (as long as the government doesnt ban them stop school shootings and suicide)

It is in real danger though of becoming a lazy, ripoff industry.

There are still games that come out where its clearly a labor of love from the developers, where the whole experience is brilliant from start to finish.

But there are an increasing number of cheaply made and criminally short titles coming out.

I'm just waiting for the Witcher 3 to come out... Then I can sleep easily.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
28-04-2014, 08:48 AM
(28-04-2014 08:46 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 08:36 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I actually find that gaming is becoming a more "legitimate" form of entertainment these days.

Give it time. It will get better. (as long as the government doesnt ban them stop school shootings and suicide)

It is in real danger though of becoming a lazy, ripoff industry.

There are still games that come out where its clearly a labor of love from the developers, where the whole experience is brilliant from start to finish.

But there are an increasing number of cheaply made and criminally short titles coming out.

Well. All forms of entertainment have to deal with those problems. Part of the fun is finding the gold.

Hell yah Witcher 3! I was under the impression there was talk of a release date on that? Like AROUND MY BIRTHDAY NEXT YEAR?! *cough* Excuse me.
28-04-2014, 08:52 AM
(28-04-2014 08:48 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 08:46 AM)Sam Wrote:  It is in real danger though of becoming a lazy, ripoff industry.

Well. All forms of entertainment have to deal with those problems. Part of the fun is finding the gold.

Hell yah Witcher 3! I was under the impression there was talk of a release date on that? Like AROUND MY BIRTHDAY NEXT YEAR?! *cough* Excuse me.

I think its been pushed back.

It was slated for release this Autumn, but I think has been changed to next Spring.

At least they care about their products.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]