I'm a recovering catholic.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: I'm a recovering catholic.....
Yeah...Guy P. Harrison's books and the Thinking Athiest podcast have both really helped me in my deconversion process..,.

I just realized that religion is the opiate of the masses.....lol.....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jason197754's post
01-11-2015, 04:54 PM
(30-10-2015 10:46 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  Yeah...Guy P. Harrison's books and the Thinking Athiest podcast have both really helped me in my deconversion process..,.

I just realized that religion is the opiate of the masses.....lol.....

The opiate, the crank, the booze, the benzo, the thorazine, the bag of model glue, and the elephant tranquilizer. It can really fuck a person up if they're not careful.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
02-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Can anybody give me some tips or advice on how to recover from catholicism??? Btw...I don't have any fear of hell or punishment.....But for some reason...I feel good when I go to a catholic church or when I pray...
02-11-2015, 02:42 PM
(02-11-2015 11:33 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  Can anybody give me some tips or advice on how to recover from catholicism??? Btw...I don't have any fear of hell or punishment.....But for some reason...I feel good when I go to a catholic church or when I pray...

Can you replace the dramatic ritual of the Catholic service with something else? I've never been anything else except an atheist but I understand how ritual is transforming. I do yoga and meditate and still take ballet classes. There is slight ritual to these activities. Buddhism also has some ritual aspects, there's no need to believe in a god and going to a temple isn't necessary. I know a couple of atheist Buddhists. If it's the social side of things you like perhaps you could join a Meetup group. There are literally thousands of groups doing all kinds of interesting things.

Just google Meetup.com. and click on the San Diego Meetups.

Oh, and your comment about living in San Diego and being bisexual.........um.....isn't there a Navy Base there? Wink, wink..nod, nod. Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Thank you everyone.....Seth's podcast has helped me a lot......