I'm a staff member at a church now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm a staff member at a church now
Hey, circle jerk of ultraleftists, I am staff member at a church now lol

Maybe I am christian? Maybe not. Can atheists be christians? Seth says yes, but I don't know.

I am in Britain though, and the church is insanely old (1100 year old base with 950-800 year old upper structures, and 500 year old tower reinforcement, all on top of a foundation of a wooden church that was put up in around 400AD), and mainly I just ring bells, and help with washing up after big events. And of course hang around this fucking old building, which is amazing because it's like having the staff key to a castle or something.

It's funny the church is equipped for all sorts of stuff though, and I have seen all sorts of stuff. So far I have seen anglican and methodist (the two local congregations who meet once or twice a month, depending on who says they will show up. Only like 20 churchgoing christians in this entire area of 12,000 people being served), but also some sort of hippie thing, some Russian orthodox christians and some sort of Hindu thingymabob. The store cupboard also has wine and wafers for catholic services, and used to host the local mormons before they got their own hideous American looking building in the city.
It's funny how religion is so diluted here now. Been for a while too. The type of bell ringing which is used in modern England is a pretty new system, only about 500 years old, where the bells are tuned and rung in these sort of alternating sequences. It started out as a secular use for church bells and was even considered blasphemous by many, though it was made more christianised in the victorian era, it is still very secular. Of the 13 bellringers I know who go to my church only 1 is a practicing christian, and only 1 other is one of those "I only attend the christmas and easter service" christians. One is an outright pagan actually, funnily enough.
Some funny clashes between the drunken mostly-secular bell ringers who act like they own the belltowers, and the clergy who actually do (though maybe less now, considering one of the local priests is an openly atheist baptist, top fucking kek).

Shits all seriously diluted here. Still I have pity on you American atheists who live in your theocratic plutocracy and could probably never enjoy any of this stuff even if you moved here to see it for yourself.

Have some bells, lel

(Shit's complicated, niggas)

Hope you are all well btw ;3

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
14-01-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: I'm a staff member at a church now
(14-01-2016 10:33 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I am staff member at a church now lol

Congratulations?

(14-01-2016 10:33 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Maybe I am christian? Maybe not. Can atheists be christians? Seth says yes, but I don't know.

I guess you are, whatever you think you are.

My wife defines a Christian as

Someone that believes in Jesus. Wants to be closer to god, And follows the bible.

Webster Dictionary says

a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

An Atheist is a person that lacks the belief in a god or gods.

By the Webster Dictionary I would still be considered Catholic. I've been baptized. And i don't know if a person that was

(14-01-2016 10:33 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Shits all seriously diluted here. Still I have pity on you American atheists who live in your theocratic plutocracy and could probably never enjoy any of this stuff even if you moved here to see it for yourself.

I've heard many of the European Church's are going on hard times. Mostly because they don't have their hands in the taxes anymore. When I took a trip to Germany I saw some of them opened up their walls to advertising.

Contrary to you belief I really enjoyed walking threw the open halls of these ancient structures. Built during the height of religious power. You can see the skill and artistry that can be provided with the people with the biggest wallets. America has some massive churches. But they look more like football stadiums compared to the detail that was placed into those.

Maybe once religion fades away we can put these buildings to better uses.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
14-01-2016, 03:48 PM
1100 year old base? Yeah but, how's the plumbing?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Christian is just a label that you apply to yourself. If you want to call yourself a Christian atheist, go for it.

That video looked boring AF, btw.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
14-01-2016, 04:59 PM
(14-01-2016 10:33 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Can atheists be christians? Seth says yes, but I don't know.

Of course they can. Christian atheism

#sigh
14-01-2016, 05:03 PM
(14-01-2016 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 10:33 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Can atheists be christians? Seth says yes, but I don't know.

Of course they can. Christian atheism

Is that like vegan meat? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Quote:Can atheists be christians?

Atheist = lack of believe in God.
Christians = someone who believes in God and that Jesus was his son.

So.. no. Anyone that says otherwise is either 1) over complicating a very simple concept or 2) an idiot.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
14-01-2016, 05:17 PM
(14-01-2016 05:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Atheist = lack of believe in God.

So.. no. Anyone that says otherwise is either 1) over complicating a very simple concept or 2) an idiot.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

The key word there is "in."

I want Jesus in me, so that makes me a XXXtian. Cum, Lord Jesus, Cum. Angel

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
14-01-2016, 05:27 PM
(14-01-2016 05:17 PM)cactus Wrote:  

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

No you got it backwards, you have to believe in him, not the other way around. So you need to believe AND be physically inside him so that you can believe in him.
14-01-2016, 05:28 PM
(14-01-2016 05:17 PM)cactus Wrote:  

Don't forget the Vaseline. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.