I'm a staff member at a church now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: I'm a staff member at a church now
haha indeed! he took the bait. I know a good trolling when I see one, well done cetaceaphile Smile
I'd go sing hymns if I did not have to listen to the woo. Nice out you have there, holding a proper service over at the pub.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2016, 12:13 PM
(15-01-2016 12:07 PM)skyking Wrote:  haha indeed! he took the bait. I know a good trolling when I see one, well done cetaceaphile Smile
I'd go sing hymns if I did not have to listen to the woo. Nice out you have there, holding a proper service over at the pub.

It's funny though how obvious the bait is for people who actually read the entire post instead of just grazing for buzzwords and making emotion responses xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
15-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Good to have a laugh, and nice to know the woo is weak over there. wish we had weaker woo.
15-01-2016, 12:22 PM
(15-01-2016 12:14 PM)skyking Wrote:  Good to have a laugh, and nice to know the woo is weak over there. wish we had weaker woo.

Aye it is a good thing to have low woo here. It's a special bonus here because the churches here are just fantastic as historical monuments. Feels like a proper connection with proper human spirit to see these vast structures of stone erected by hand, and it's a real privilege to be able to be a secularist and still take part in centuries old traditions, and an honour to have staff-only access to some of the most impressive pieces of architecture in the world.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
15-01-2016, 12:32 PM
The problem is, everyone equates the old edifices as symbols of all the crap and suffering and sacrifice to the church. I look past that and see proud craftsmanship and historical significance because to do otherwise is too depressing.
It is the same way I can sing a good hymn, it's the music. Fvck the rest Big Grin
15-01-2016, 12:39 PM
(15-01-2016 12:32 PM)skyking Wrote:  The problem is, everyone equates the old edifices as symbols of all the crap and suffering and sacrifice to the church. I look past that and see proud craftsmanship and historical significance because to do otherwise is too depressing.
It is the same way I can sing a good hymn, it's the music. Fvck the rest Big Grin

Well you have it stronger than me because I had to attend a couple of carol services over christmas and I found myself internally bringing up all of the ways the words were wrong rather than actually singing them xD

"Shepherds watched their flocks by night? Wasn't fucking winter then was it? HUE!"

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
15-01-2016, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 07:43 PM by skyking.)
Dude, I got no woo. not a drop. I just LOVE to sing! That woo I got bad.