I'm a terrible Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm a terrible Christian
I found this out today. My coworker was talking about how she gave up meat for lent and has been eating nothing but veggies and fruit. Then was going on about not drinking alcohol and not wanting to go to church tonight. So I told her...then don't go to church. She told me she didn't want God to be mad at her. I told her not to worry, I'm sure sticking to her rabbit diet is making him happy enough. As for me, I'm going home to a steak and glass of whiskey.

She told me I was a terrible Christian, to which I asked "what makes you think I'm Christian?" Her gut response- What else would you be? Then she asked if I was Catholic or something. I just smiled and laughed and told her to keep trying.

This was about 6 hours ago. Atheist still hasn't come up.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 21 users Like =jesse='s post
17-04-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: I'm a terrible Christian
(17-04-2014 02:43 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  I found this out today. My coworker was talking about how she gave up meat for lent and has been eating nothing but veggies and fruit. Then was going on about not drinking alcohol and not wanting to go to church tonight. So I told her...then don't go to church. She told me she didn't want God to be mad at her. I told her not to worry, I'm sure sticking to her rabbit diet is making him happy enough. As for me, I'm going home to a steak and glass of whiskey.

She told me I was a terrible Christian, to which I asked "what makes you think I'm Christian?" Her gut response- What else would you be? Then she asked if I was Catholic or something. I just smiled and laughed and told her to keep trying.

Maybe Christians can't say that word or this will happen.

[Image: mouth-on-fire-woman.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 8 users Like JDog554's post
17-04-2014, 02:50 PM
(17-04-2014 02:43 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  I found this out today. My coworker was talking about how she gave up meat for lent and has been eating nothing but veggies and fruit. Then was going on about not drinking alcohol and not wanting to go to church tonight. So I told her...then don't go to church. She told me she didn't want God to be mad at her. I told her not to worry, I'm sure sticking to her rabbit diet is making him happy enough. As for me, I'm going home to a steak and glass of whiskey.

Say you worship slenderman. I mean he is an awesome god.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
17-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Man if she's taking this long to guess, I'd love to see her reaction when she realizes you *gasp* don't believe in god! Or you could make up a bullshit religion and see how long you can string her along before she calls you out on it.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
17-04-2014, 03:03 PM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbGIBIxLv55ZB0jlO9uoA...op11-xEMUd]

Drinking Beverage

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Blackhand293's post
17-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Odin has no problem with steak and whiskey........ carry on. Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 7 users Like War Horse's post
17-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Give the poor girl a clue, tell her it begins with the letter "A".
Whiskey and steak........nice.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
17-04-2014, 03:22 PM
(17-04-2014 02:43 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  "what makes you think I'm Christian?" Her gut response- What else would you be? Then she asked if I was Catholic or something.

Haha, those damn non-Christian Catholics!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-04-2014, 03:23 PM
I was never very good at being a Christian...

Never could get the hang of that "believing in stuff that is total bullshit" they make you do.

So I quit and took up atheism instead... I'm much better at that.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
17-04-2014, 03:28 PM
It sounds like she hasn't even considered anything else other than believing and has just accepted everything that she has been told. When she finds out that you are an atheist she might start asking herself questions.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post