I'm a terrible Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: I'm a terrible Christian
(17-04-2014 02:43 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  I found this out today. My coworker was talking about how she gave up meat for lent and has been eating nothing but veggies and fruit. Then was going on about not drinking alcohol and not wanting to go to church tonight. So I told her...then don't go to church. She told me she didn't want God to be mad at her. I told her not to worry, I'm sure sticking to her rabbit diet is making him happy enough. As for me, I'm going home to a steak and glass of whiskey.

She told me I was a terrible Christian, to which I asked "what makes you think I'm Christian?" Her gut response- What else would you be? Then she asked if I was Catholic or something. I just smiled and laughed and told her to keep trying.

This was about 6 hours ago. Atheist still hasn't come up.

Yeah. I'm a terrible christian too. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2014, 05:42 PM
(17-04-2014 05:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 02:43 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  I found this out today. My coworker was talking about how she gave up meat for lent and has been eating nothing but veggies and fruit. Then was going on about not drinking alcohol and not wanting to go to church tonight. So I told her...then don't go to church. She told me she didn't want God to be mad at her. I told her not to worry, I'm sure sticking to her rabbit diet is making him happy enough. As for me, I'm going home to a steak and glass of whiskey.

She told me I was a terrible Christian, to which I asked "what makes you think I'm Christian?" Her gut response- What else would you be? Then she asked if I was Catholic or something. I just smiled and laughed and told her to keep trying.

Yeah. I'm a terrible christian too. Tongue

Lol Welcome to the club!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
17-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Well the dirty a word never came up. She eventually stopped asking. My other coworker who is also an atheist was cracking up. She has no clue we are both atheists. Oh well, true to my word, I came home to a steak and glass of whiskey.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 4 users Like =jesse='s post
17-04-2014, 07:08 PM
(17-04-2014 04:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 04:00 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Tell her you joined the CPU, the Church of the Purple Unicorn, who farts sprinkles every xmas eve as he flies through the air, granting wishes to all who believe. Sadly he resides inside the hollow venus the rest of the year with the little blue men, and only true believers can see him or have their wishes granted. When she expresses disbelief, ask her to prove you wrong.....Drooling

Theres a legit religion in Poland called Pastafarianism or Church of the Flying Saghetti Monster. They have a gospel about this Flying Spaghetti Monster that created everything and all this other stuff, it's funny as heck.

I find that highly offensive to my religion...

May the Noodley One have mercy on you.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
17-04-2014, 07:09 PM
(17-04-2014 07:08 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 04:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Theres a legit religion in Poland called Pastafarianism or Church of the Flying Saghetti Monster. They have a gospel about this Flying Spaghetti Monster that created everything and all this other stuff, it's funny as heck.

I find that highly offensive to my religion...

My apologies sir. Bowing

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-04-2014, 08:13 PM
(17-04-2014 07:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 07:08 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I find that highly offensive to my religion...

My apologies sir. Bowing

Hmmm... The Noodley One doth teacheth forgivethnessism. So consider thyself forgivethen.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
17-04-2014, 08:32 PM
(17-04-2014 08:13 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 07:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  My apologies sir. Bowing

Hmmm... The Noodley One doth teacheth forgivethnessism. So consider thyself forgivethen.

Thank you great Noodley one Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-04-2014, 10:32 PM
(17-04-2014 08:13 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 07:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  My apologies sir. Bowing

I'd really rather you didn't...
Doo...
That.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-04-2014, 10:46 PM

Laugh out load I love when this happens! Whenever it has happened with me, it's always with someone in a situation in which it should be blatantly obvious, based on our past and current conversations, that I'm an atheist.

I've had friends whom, after years of knowing me, had finally realized I was an atheist, and are shocked. I'll ask them how they could not know, because we've had talks about it. I've told them I'm not religious, don't believe in the supernatural, discuss often how certain things about religion and religious belief bother me, etc... They are like, "Yeah, but I didn't realize you didn't believe in God" (and they do mean the Christian "god" when they are saying that to me).

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
17-04-2014, 11:19 PM
I've had this conversation go south using the label agnostic.

"But that makes no sense, how can anyone not believe in anything? Everyone has to believe on something, have faith in something."

"I don't know. So I can't make myself believe anything."

"So, what do you believe?"

It was almost more frightening to her that I thought "I don't know" was more rational than blind belief, and wouldn't identify as a heathen to be written off.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes