I'm afraid of dying?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: I'm afraid of dying?
(29-01-2016 10:06 PM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 04:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hi

I'm so sorry you have anxiety about this. I think it is a common fear in the back of most people's minds. I think if it is impacting your life to the point where the anxiety is becoming obsessive and taking over your ability to enjoy life, it might be a good idea to talk to a therapist about all of this. When thoughts come to the point of obsession there is generally some catalyst behind it. Talking to a therapist may help you pinpoint where the overwhelming anxiety is coming from.

The other thing I would suggest is yoga because it teaches you breathing techniques and natural relaxation techniques that really help with stress and anxiety. The poses wring out stress and tension and help balance out your body re: anxious feelings/stress. Meditation can also be helpful in calming your thoughts/mind.

I've actually really wanted to start doing yoga, I know that it does wonders for anxiety and your body. The anxiety isn't obsessive but it's enough, where sometimes I'm not happy because of it.

Yoga and meditation will really help with your anxiety. It's been life changing for me. Part of the problem with anxiety is that it has nowhere to go, no outlet, and your body reacts to it physically. Yoga and meditation will teach you all kinds of tools to manage stress and anxiety. And while you will still get anxious--as that is a natural emotion--it won't be so intense and you will have the stress/anxiety management tools to reduce its impact on your life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: I'm afraid of dying?
I really do share your anxiety with dying. I've watched my dad, mother, grandmother, and a younger brother slowly die in hospice.
Almost all males on my dads side are dead before 60. I had an uncle murdered at 61. And one living uncle on my dads side that is 61 now. They are the only 2 that made it past 60. My 61 year old uncle is the last one on my dad's side. Both of my little brothers are already dead. I'm 42. So the anxiety can get pretty bad. I know this isn't exactly a pep talk. I just want you to know we are all in this together.
Make the most of what time you have. Enjoy the journey. That way if you are aware of your last bit of time you won't be regretting things you wish you'd have done.
Btw, for the family I've watched slip away, they all dealt with it in their own way. Denial got a couple of them through it. And a couple of them just knew it was time. I think maybe the brain has a way with coping with it as the time nears.
A wierd way to look at is we are getting closer to death every day. But we don't feel any closer today than yesterday. Tomorrow will be the same.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply