I'm also new...Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm also new...Hello
Hi All,
I wanted to say hello, and mention it has been a few years since leaving my faith of Christianity. It has been a belief that has been a strong part of me for over 30 years, including raising my children as Christians. It has been a very long road of religious study and now through several atheistic sources, (books) to come to the understanding it is only a religious belief, not wrapped in the truth I had once thought it to be.
I cannot say it is easy because there are times I feel pretty lost, but from what I am reading here perhaps that is a normal process. Anyhow, as time allows I hope to be able to engage more in conversation and see how everyone else copes with life after religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: I'm also new...Hello
(22-03-2013 11:17 AM)Sheila Wrote:  Hi All,
I wanted to say hello, and mention it has been a few years since leaving my faith of Christianity. It has been a belief that has been a strong part of me for over 30 years, including raising my children as Christians. It has been a very long road of religious study and now through several atheistic sources, (books) to come to the understanding it is only a religious belief, not wrapped in the truth I had once thought it to be.
I cannot say it is easy because there are times I feel pretty lost, but from what I am reading here perhaps that is a normal process. Anyhow, as time allows I hope to be able to engage more in conversation and see how everyone else copes with life after religion.
Welcome to the forum, Sheila! There are several great resources on this forum for gaining a foothold in this transitional time for yourself. You're not alone! (:

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
26-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Welcome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Howdy!

[Image: opforum1.png]
29-03-2013, 12:51 AM
You ate that apple of wisdom and knowledge.

You now know the greatest power for carrying on is from your within.

It always has been so.

Welcome.

Want something? Then do something.
29-03-2013, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:23 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism