I'm an Atheist who proved that God(s) can't exist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2012, 12:20 AM
RE: I'm an Atheist who proved that God(s) can't exist.
(28-01-2012 02:41 PM)way12go Wrote:  Sorry friend. I respect the fact that you are a theist.

Damn! My cover's blown! After over a year of reciting what I assume are atheist arguments and earning my way into the inner circle, my subterfuge has been made apparent! I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you snooping kids!

No. I'm allowed to refute atheist arguments as an atheist. That's one of the perks of being an atheist; there isn't that whole "don't question the infallible evidence" mindset.

And my problem with your "proofs" is that the concept of god isn't contingent on any of the things you have listed. This is why god discussions are usually held in philosophical terms. Because only in the realm of metaphysics and hypotheticals can such a concept be conceived.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post
29-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Scientific criteria cannot disprove spiritual speculation because of the self limiting aspects of the methodology. Imagine science, say, 500 years from now.....old laws will undoubtedly have given away to new theories and conjectures.
Science can be of great value (or detriment) viewed from a pragmatic perspective.
As for potentially great spiritual mysteries ensconced within a limitless cosmic equation, our science serves well only as a guide to the comparitively miniscule boundaries of our finite convictions. Just not good enough!
That said, spiritual speculations are also found wanting in their mega- term speculations and in many ways we find ourselves between a rock and a hard place.
The great value of science cannot be severed from the huge ethical demands it acquires and its unfolding seemingly ignores some of the most relevant needs subjected to its great raw powers.
29-01-2012, 12:37 AM
(28-01-2012 03:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-01-2012 03:35 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So buddy, has the whole atheist thing just been a ruse to get us to let our guard down?.

And then suddenly when we least expect it, SPLASH! drive by baptisms for everyone, holy water and born again Christians everywhere.

Everyone should bring an umbrella just to be on the safeside Tongue

And what if Erxomai is part of his theist sleeper cell? Now I'm getting scared.Confused

I must confess, since this is what good theists do, that I was a bit tempted to start believing in God again since the argument in this thread is so ridiculous, therefore God(s) must exist.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-01-2012, 12:56 AM
(29-01-2012 12:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-01-2012 03:35 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So buddy, has the whole atheist thing just been a ruse to get us to let our guard down?.

And then suddenly when we least expect it, SPLASH! drive by baptisms for everyone, holy water and born again Christians everywhere.

And what if Erxomai is part of his theist sleeper cell? Now I'm getting scared.Confused

I must confess, since this is what good theists do, that I was a bit tempted to start believing in God again since the argument in this thread is so ridiculous, therefore God(s) must exist.

Have your milo and go to bed Erx, you are obviously overtired. Wink
29-01-2012, 12:59 AM
(29-01-2012 12:56 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 12:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Have your milo and go to bed Erx, you are obviously overtired. Wink

You're correct, Sir Woof. I spent 14 hours moving and cleaning today. I'm beat! I shall take all of your advice!Sleepy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Bananas.
07-05-2012, 01:52 PM
(28-01-2012 08:56 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

Interesting but can you provide proof for your claims?
The only valid response to questions of "proof" as to the existence or non-existence of God is the question, "What proof would you accept?" I am a theist, and when I ask this question of atheists the responses I get are along the lines of demonstrations of levitation, cosmic/astral travel and "proofs" that amount to little more than cheap parlor tricks that any decent science fiction alien can perform and far below a standard of proof I, as a theist would accept. God, as defined in the Judeo-Christian tradition is by definition beyond any empirical proof. That's why they call it faith. Stephen Hawking is a brilliant man and is free to believe as he wishes. But when he claims that God can't exist or there is no need for Him to exist he is engaging in idiocy. It's both interesting and amusing that so many scientists will on the one hand dismiss the existence of God because there is a lack of empirical evidence, while on the other hand freely proffer theories as to the origin of matter and abiogenesis which are equally lacking in evidence.

Polycarp
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I guess it's too late to call BS.

I see that's already been done. Successfully.

The OP reminds me of WLC... just say a bunk of jargon and psycho-babbling and mix it with quasi-science and facts and hope that no one can understand what in the wild world of sports you're talking about.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
[Image: back-in-the-days-trolling-meant-something.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I see that msbiljanica has been working on his English. Still has quite a bit of work to do on his reasoning skills, though. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.