I'm an atheist and my girlfriend is Christian...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: I'm an atheist and my girlfriend is Christian...
(19-06-2013 08:12 PM)bettahman Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 03:46 AM)SquidgyTwiddles Wrote:  I cannot tell you how comforting your words are. I know I have it pretty good, especially seeing as her mother is a priest...there's all sorts of levels of crazy she could have been. I think the initial shock of finding out she believes in god (and honestly, this shouldn't have been suck a shock for me...for as much as I go on about religious people being deluded, I sure did a decent job of deluding myself!) is what really set me off. I really couldn't help but panic. If I can't even bear to have religious friends, what am I supposed to do about loving someone from a religious background with religious beliefs? Albeit mild, rather sane ones...but beliefs I strongly disagree with nonetheless.

Still, I think you're probably right. I really ought to just let out a breath and not allow this to claim me. Hey, she's no fundie...I ought to be able to make this work.

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it would be beneficial for us to discuss our beliefs with one another, or to just leave it alone?
the more you piont her to science the more she will believe!!! something had to put it all together. Cant take a rock and make the rock talk back to each other?? i know i havent see that one yet!

Our top scientists are working very hard to figure out what the fuck you just said.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
20-06-2013, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2013 04:04 AM by Juv.)
If you two are seriously that attracted to each other, then it will work out as much as your respective natures allow it. If not, you can always add it to your life story.

It sounds like your similarities are stronger then your differences, why not go with it?Thumbsup

Also, even the best relationship is not perfect, so don't even worry about that shit.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
20-06-2013, 05:48 AM
(19-06-2013 08:12 PM)bettahman Wrote:  Cant take a rock and make the rock talk back to each other?? i know i havent see that one yet!

Check fucking mate!

20-06-2013, 04:41 PM
(19-06-2013 08:12 PM)bettahman Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 03:46 AM)SquidgyTwiddles Wrote:  I cannot tell you how comforting your words are. I know I have it pretty good, especially seeing as her mother is a priest...there's all sorts of levels of crazy she could have been. I think the initial shock of finding out she believes in god (and honestly, this shouldn't have been suck a shock for me...for as much as I go on about religious people being deluded, I sure did a decent job of deluding myself!) is what really set me off. I really couldn't help but panic. If I can't even bear to have religious friends, what am I supposed to do about loving someone from a religious background with religious beliefs? Albeit mild, rather sane ones...but beliefs I strongly disagree with nonetheless.

Still, I think you're probably right. I really ought to just let out a breath and not allow this to claim me. Hey, she's no fundie...I ought to be able to make this work.

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it would be beneficial for us to discuss our beliefs with one another, or to just leave it alone?
the more you piont her to science the more she will believe!!! something had to put it all together. Cant take a rock and make the rock talk back to each other?? i know i havent see that one yet!

"something had to put it all together."
No, just because you don't understand algorithmic self-organization doesn't mean that's not what happened.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2013, 04:57 PM
My girlfriend is a neo-pagan, but I don't really mind that she believes in that. If it helps her, then that's great! It does, it makes her happy and I want nothing more than for her to be happy.

You'll have to talk to your gal some more, but if you two have a lot in common I wouldn't think it'd be that big of a jump to adjust to each other's belief sets.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  If I come out as an atheist, my daughter will lose her best friend Carmen Sorge 17 280 Yesterday 12:05 PM
Last Post: Adrianime
  Friendship with a Christian - sin Sephyr 3 88 24-07-2014 10:39 AM
Last Post: Adrianime
  Sanctimonious Christian Takelababy 0 55 08-07-2014 09:32 PM
Last Post: Takelababy
  The one good Christian I know. MrKrispy601 5 105 02-07-2014 10:36 AM
Last Post: Roger_the_alien
  How to raise atheist children? Strangelove 15 201 18-06-2014 08:30 AM
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Christian condemnation, ie control Takelababy 2 94 17-06-2014 01:16 PM
Last Post: Takelababy
  Don't Know How to Come Out Atheist XCStump 15 221 15-06-2014 08:51 PM