I'm an atheist: stop fucking blaming me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: I'm an atheist: stop fucking blaming me
They have to blame someone and it's sure as shit not going to be themselves.
Never let it be said the religious pass on exploiting the death and suffering of people to further their propaganda.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
05-10-2017, 09:42 AM
(05-10-2017 09:26 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  They have to blame someone and it's sure as shit not going to be themselves.
Never let it be said the religious pass on exploiting the death and suffering of people to further their propaganda.

I read about those comments but never actually saw the clip. That's some deeply disturbing rhetoric right there.
05-10-2017, 10:10 AM
(05-10-2017 07:28 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 06:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're going to Hell. Drinking Beverage
Stay at the Flame-mingo, best comps.

They'll show you a hot time, for sure.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
05-10-2017, 10:59 AM
(04-10-2017 06:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  ...
I don't lie.

Says you Drinking Beverage

(05-10-2017 06:49 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ...
just to fuck with them.

Talking of which ... your female avatar is fucking with me.

I'm beginning to like you more.

Blush

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-10-2017, 11:19 AM
(05-10-2017 05:52 AM)BnW Wrote:  I'm not a big Facebook user. We use it a lot in the dog rescue and it's a very useful tool. And, it's also helpful if I want to know which of my high school friends has the hiccups.

Wow, I wish some of my friends did that. I get the "I'm constipated" posts, followed by 180 replies that they're being prayed for.

Followed by a day (or three) of silence...

Followed by the "i took a huge huge shit and stopped up the toilet."

The replies are always, "god is great," "praise the lord," "praying that you unclog the toilet and all is well again."

Dodgy

I only do facebook really to spy on my kids and look at recipes.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-10-2017, 01:08 PM
(04-10-2017 06:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  I swear if I hear one more TV pundit, see one more facebook post, hear one more random asshole at work or the gym say how if only people embraced god more we wouldn't have these horrific shootings I'm going to totally lose my shit (and nothing is worse than lost shit because it's fucking impossible to find).

I'm a moral person. I work 65 hours a week and still find time to rescue shelter dogs and find them forever homes. I'm involved with my kids. I don't hit my wife. In 20 years of marriage, despite having spent a LOT of time on the road and having plenty of opportunities to get away with it, I've never cheated on my wife. I don't steal. I don't lie. I don't cheat people. If the cashier gives me too much change, I give them the right amount back. I help my neighbors out, even when they don't necessarily ask. And, most significantly, I don't sit 30+ stories up with an assault rifle and shoot at people I don't even know.

So, stop lumping me in with this asshole. Stop blaming me. He didn't do this because those people were religious. He didn't know anything about them. He didn't do it because he was an atheist (is that even confirmed?). He did it because a) he was clearly insane and b) he was able to legally purchase all these weapons, legally able to convert this weapon into an almost fully automatic machine gun, and was willing to shoot at people.

How about we stop avoiding the fucking elephant in the room. But, if you don't want to do that, at least stop blaming me.

------
ok, rant over. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Agreed...never do you see a mass shooter described as a devout *whatever denomination* but they always manage to work it in if they discover that the person was atheist. Like - checkmate atheists....and that's the reason.

If this wonderful, all powerful god existed wouldn't he be in control of even non-believers?

It's a sales pitch...to back the 'In God We Trust' mentality.

I am getting ready to do another cleansing (as it were) of the hyper religious on my page. There are some who are elderly that I won't mess with but the others who only invoke the name of god when they think they are really accomplishing something when all they are doing is showing others they believe...they need to go.

And I am about one vaguebook prayer request from thinning the herd...a lot, after having my say and not just an epic eyeroll.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-10-2017, 01:15 PM
I'm an atheist: stop fucking blaming me
Atheists are still blamed for marxism-leninism crimes, so I doubt that theists will stop blammming us anytime soon whenever something will go wrong.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-10-2017, 01:16 PM
They'll let you know if he's Muslim.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
05-10-2017, 01:19 PM
(05-10-2017 01:16 PM)ImFred Wrote:  They'll let you know if he's Muslim.

Goddamnit...that's twice in five minutes I agree with you...maybe my meds aren't working. No

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-10-2017, 01:34 PM
(05-10-2017 11:19 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wow, I wish some of my friends did that. I get the "I'm constipated" posts, followed by 180 replies that they're being prayed for.

Followed by a day (or three) of silence...

Followed by the "i took a huge huge shit and stopped up the toilet."

The replies are always, "god is great," "praise the lord," "praying that you unclog the toilet and all is well again."

Dodgy

I only do facebook really to spy on my kids and look at recipes.

They literally prayed for shit?! Shocking

That's gotta be in the top ten of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone pray for... Facepalm

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard