I'm at a loss, TTA (alcohol related)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: I'm at a loss, TTA (alcohol related)
(09-09-2016 10:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 10:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Which is a fruit. So fruit.

Nope. We're speaking from a perspective of distilling, so grains are seperate from fruit. If we were discussing botany you'd be right, but we're not. This is more like a culinary discussion, so the separation of grains into their own category is not only warranted, but necessary.

So not fruit.

That's semantics. That doesn't remove the fact that it's made from fruit. It's still a fruit even if it's a culinary vegetable.

I wasn't asking about the distilling or preparation of the alcohol. I was asking about the botanical ingredients of the drink.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Ten Crazy Things People Use to Make Booze

#sigh
09-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Methylated spirits?
Ethanol? (from corn)
The alcohol in things like nail polish remover?
09-09-2016, 11:06 PM
In 2006, eight prisoners in a Utah jail used a rotten baked potato in their pruno recipe. It was a not a good move with the group of inebriated crims coming down with botulism and having to be hospitalised. Things got so bad, three had to be put on ventilators.
News.com.au

(Pruno: an alcoholic wine-like drink made by prison inmates, originally using prunes.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Sake (rice wine)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-09-2016, 11:09 PM
(09-09-2016 10:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Good whiskey is rye whiskey.

On the right occasion, it certainly is.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-09-2016, 11:21 PM
(09-09-2016 11:08 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sake (rice wine)

Rice is a fruit.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-09-2016, 11:38 PM
(09-09-2016 10:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 10:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Nope. We're speaking from a perspective of distilling, so grains are seperate from fruit. If we were discussing botany you'd be right, but we're not. This is more like a culinary discussion, so the separation of grains into their own category is not only warranted, but necessary.

So not fruit.

That's semantics. That doesn't remove the fact that it's made from fruit. It's still a fruit even if it's a culinary vegetable.

I wasn't asking about the distilling or preparation of the alcohol. I was asking about the botanical ingredients of the drink.

By golly you learn something every day. I didn't know grains are classified as a fruit. You are right sir. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
09-09-2016, 11:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you can distill any vegetable with sugar in it. The lower the amount of sugar the more produce you will need.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-09-2016, 11:58 PM
Who you callin' a fruit ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.