I'm at a loss, TTA (alcohol related)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: I'm at a loss, TTA (alcohol related)
I've made quite a few liqueurs from hazelnuts, herbs & spices.
I've made Pernod - it's made from anise. Many liqueurs are fermented in an already distilled alcohol of some sort.

The vodka I've had in the past few years has been distilled from grapes - quite smooth. Potato vodka is smooth, as well. I'd take either over a grain distilled vodka, any day.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2016, 12:27 AM
(09-09-2016 11:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Rice is a fruit.

Thank you again Mr Pedant. Rice is normally described as a "grain" in the same way as tomatoes are described as vegetables. Rolleyes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-09-2016, 12:28 AM
Er... what definition are you using for fruit? 'Cos in common parlance maize (corn), rice etc would definitely not qualify as fruit?

Nettle wine? Pretty sure I've heard of that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-09-2016, 12:35 AM
(10-09-2016 12:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  Er... what definition are you using for fruit? 'Cos in common parlance maize (corn), rice etc would definitely not qualify as fruit?

Nettle wine? Pretty sure I've heard of that.

I totally had a Google search for about five minutes on it. There was one page where a dude who sounded pretty convincing said that it's a thing...in strict, like, botany type language...like that's a thing... Consider

I dunno, but given the non importance of the subject, lying about it on the internet seems pretty unlikely. So it's good enough for me. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
10-09-2016, 01:27 AM
Bonus question for a shitload of brownie points : what is a fruit but is more salty then sweet?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
10-09-2016, 01:43 AM
(10-09-2016 01:27 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Bonus question for a shitload of brownie points : what is a fruit but is more salty then sweet?

Pussy?

Angel

Bechased

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
10-09-2016, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2016 02:08 AM by kingschosen.)
(10-09-2016 01:27 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Bonus question for a shitload of brownie points : what is a fruit but is more salty then sweet?

Muffs

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
10-09-2016, 02:15 AM
Dodgy

I think this has devolved into a thread requiring an eye roll.

Rolleyes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
10-09-2016, 02:19 AM
(09-09-2016 10:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 10:05 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Grain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sour_mash

Which is a fruit. So fruit.

Then a potato is a fruit in that sort of use of the term.

I am the fruit of my father's loins in the old usage. But I would make a lousy drink fermented, even if distilled!

Or, as usually defined now, "the sweet and fleshy product of a tree or other plant that contains seed and can be eaten as food."

Thus neither grain nor potato are fruit, as so defined.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
10-09-2016, 02:23 AM
(10-09-2016 02:19 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 10:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Which is a fruit. So fruit.

Then a potato is a fruit in that sort of use of the term.

I am the fruit of my father's loins in the old usage. But I would make a lousy drink fermented, even if distilled!

Or, as usually defined now, "the sweet and fleshy product of a tree or other plant that contains seed and can be eaten as food."

Thus neither grain nor potato are fruit, as so defined.

No, a potato is a tuber which is classified as a vegetable.

Grains are classified as fruits.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]