I'm back!!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm back!!!!!!!
for the weekend anyway......
Just wanted to say hello and general news- my sister had a baby last week, say Mazal TovSmile
The army is fine (and that all what I am allowed to say:/ ) and I have met a lot of great girls so I'm ok there. I'm not here for a week and the forum is all different....what happened?!!?

have a great weekend and hope you'll have an easier week than I'll haveSmile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 09:35 AM
RE: I'm back!!!!!!!
Hey! Welcome back! Or, rather, nice to meet you seems to be in order! =P Congrats on the uncleship!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
03-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Nice to meet you too (though I already read some of your posts...). And it is more like re-auntship, but thanks!!!!!
03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Oh! My apologies, I'm embarrassed! <=P Either way it's good to have you back; the more the merrier! =P

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
03-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Welcome back, shiranl!

Sorry for the surprise. Stark Raving finally got through to the guys who own the site, and the two of us have been doing some remodeling. Cleaning up bots, making the forum easier to navigate and organize, that kind of thing.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh you're an aunt, not an uncle...Smile I was already wondering 'can you really meet alot of great girls in the army?'

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
HAHAHAHHA!!!!!
As for your question- yes, you obviously can. After all I saw for 2 weeks girls only, and the boys I see I can't talk with (and they are stupid....sorry guys- but there is a reason the army didn't take them to a flight course............).
03-09-2010, 03:38 PM

(03-09-2010 11:15 AM)shiranl Wrote:  HAHAHAHHA!!!!!
As for your question- yes, you obviously can. After all I saw for 2 weeks girls only, and the boys I see I can't talk with (and they are stupid....sorry guys- but there is a reason the army didn't take them to a flight course............).

Wow. We don't have that same segregation in the American Army.

If you don't mind, I would be interested in learning more about your Army versus our (in a cultural sense, things such as segregation, importance of chaplains for your believers, methods for teaching, etc...)
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I am not sure I can tell you all those stuff, especially not in an open forum. You can ask spesific questions in the PM and I'll answer you if I can.

Anyway, the flight course is considered as the best course in the IDF- only the best can do it, and only the best of the best can finish it.......so I said it in a bit irony.....
03-09-2010, 04:30 PM

(03-09-2010 04:26 PM)shiranl Wrote:  I am not sure I can tell you all those stuff, especially not in an open forum. You can ask spesific questions in the PM and I'll answer you if I can.

Anyway, the flight course is considered as the best course in the IDF, so I said it in a bit irony.....

thank you. I think I will wait until your training is all complete, and see how you like it. Compare and contrast differences, that sort of thing. I'm not looking for specifics, mostly just generalities.

things like: Our military has chaplains (spiritual leaders) that hold a lot of weight. How does your army deal with different faiths? Can you receive spiritual counseling if you are a Christian or a member of another faith? Or because of your location, do you as a soldier even encounter that problem?

There's no need to even actually answer that, it was just an example. but that's the sort of thing that I am looking for. If you're amenable to it, of course.
Quote this message in a reply