I'm back(again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm back(again)
This is why I didn't volunteer to be a mod. I get distracted for long, long periods of time. Anyway, I'm back(again) for now. I saw some new people too(that's always nice). Just curious, do have any theists hanging around, or is this still all-atheist?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2011, 08:53 AM
RE: I'm back(again)
Hey Ash! You gotta stop disappearing girl!

We really only have one theist active right now, BlackEyedGhost, and he's a pretty open guy. Good at having conversation without getting all offended that we don't agree with him, and holds firm to his belief. I, for one, quite like him.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
24-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Ashley.

I WAS kinda wondering where you went...

Yes BlackEyedGhost is an all-right guy...

We however do have some kind of weird atheist resident for the moment. You'll recognize him when he responds... Wink

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
24-04-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm curios why theists don't join the site and engage in debates ?
It would at least provide the opportunity to educate people who aren't totally closed-minded.
Or do we lack a strong body of experts on various fields necessary for a proper debate ?

Oh , welcome back ashley.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
24-04-2011, 10:28 PM
All the theists that I have encountered on this forum have given me the feeling that they were here to convert us and not to learn what we think or why, like they said they were. At least of them two gave me clear indications that my suspicions about them were accurate. I saw them as very closed minded.

I think we are atheists because we think and decided for ourselves based on what we see and experience and learn, which means we are too hard for them to convert us and they eventually give up.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.