I'm confused... Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 09:22 AM
RE: I'm confused... Help
(18-03-2016 09:15 AM)carol Wrote:  OHHHH We just hijacked his thread.....yay!
Knights who say NI!

Yay, we're a regular Bonnie and Clyde Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
18-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Wait, seriously? Regardless of whether OP is being honest with us or not, I had to find out if this is a real problem. Evidently it is. This is really disturbing.

Evangelical pastor administered spiritual discipline by spanking the bare bottoms of female congregation members
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
18-03-2016, 09:41 AM
(18-03-2016 09:35 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Wait, seriously? Regardless of whether OP is being honest with us or not, I had to find out if this is a real problem. Evidently it is. This is really disturbing.

Evangelical pastor administered spiritual discipline by spanking the bare bottoms of female congregation members

My point exactly and not something to laugh about and believe me I'm not a prude.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
18-03-2016, 09:42 AM
(18-03-2016 09:35 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Wait, seriously? Regardless of whether OP is being honest with us or not, I had to find out if this is a real problem. Evidently it is. This is really disturbing.

I agree with you, but the OP is trolling.
I have seen and heard of christian fundies doing things like this worse...and for that matter- the polygamous cults are IMO far worse...It may surprise you, as you have not been exposed to this sort of fundie bullshit...but for people who have been around cults, this is not that unusual...the leader is a father figure with control. I was raised in a cult- not a christian cult, but cult nonetheless...the religious leader had complete control and acted like a demigod...it is crazy but happens more often than you may think.
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
18-03-2016, 09:43 AM

I do not doubt it happens. I heard, as a young man, a preacher in the SDA church complain that he was afraid to do as he was directed by God to do for fear of man's law. What God had directed him to do was to spank kids in the church's school who were out of line.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
18-03-2016, 09:44 AM
(18-03-2016 09:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  

My point exactly and not something to laugh about and believe me I'm not a prude.

I agree with you, but I think the OP is just young and silly.... just a guess from looking at his previous posts.
[+] 2 users Like carol's post
18-03-2016, 09:46 AM
(18-03-2016 09:44 AM)carol Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My point exactly and not something to laugh about and believe me I'm not a prude.

I agree with you, but I think the OP is just young and silly.... just a guess from looking at his previous posts.

Ah yes the folly of youth I'm really old at 49 and have to admit I lament the loss of youth.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-03-2016, 09:58 AM
(18-03-2016 09:46 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:44 AM)carol Wrote:  I agree with you, but I think the OP is just young and silly.... just a guess from looking at his previous posts.

Ah yes the folly of youth I'm really old at 49 and have to admit I lament the loss of youth.

Although I miss being young physically, I do not miss being young mentally- age brings clarity and hopefully brings kindness, and the abililty to understand the impact that your posts have on other people....

But, I was stupid as can be at 19 ....and would not want to be judged based upon the silly things I did, said and wore Big Grin ( For that matter, can still stupid ...hopefully less often, but can still stupid right well........
18-03-2016, 10:00 AM
(18-03-2016 09:42 AM)carol Wrote:  

I agree with you, but the OP is trolling.
I have seen and heard of christian fundies doing things like this worse...and for that matter- the polygamous cults are IMO far worse...It may surprise you, as you have not been exposed to this sort of fundie bullshit...but for people who have been around cults, this is not that unusual...the leader is a father figure with control. I was raised in a cult- not a christian cult, but cult nonetheless...the religious leader had complete control and acted like a demigod...it is crazy but happens more often than you may think.

Why are these people so messed up in the head? I mean.... this is nuts! I did not know stuff like this was happening. I knew that christian fundies were crazy and brainwashed, but this is really, truly bananas.

Why aren't governments breaking up these churches? Are the followers really practicing free will if they're brainwashed?
18-03-2016, 10:02 AM
(18-03-2016 10:00 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:42 AM)carol Wrote:  I agree with you, but the OP is trolling.

Why are these people so messed up in the head? I mean.... this is nuts! I did not know stuff like this was happening. I knew that christian fundies were crazy and brainwashed, but this is really, truly bananas.

Why aren't governments breaking up these churches? Are the followers really practicing free will if they're brainwashed?

Freedom of religion girl, freedom of religion. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post