I'm confused... Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 10:24 AM by carol.)
RE: I'm confused... Help
(18-03-2016 10:00 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:42 AM)carol Wrote:  I agree with you, but the OP is trolling.
I have seen and heard of christian fundies doing things like this worse...and for that matter- the polygamous cults are IMO far worse...It may surprise you, as you have not been exposed to this sort of fundie bullshit...but for people who have been around cults, this is not that unusual...the leader is a father figure with control. I was raised in a cult- not a christian cult, but cult nonetheless...the religious leader had complete control and acted like a demigod...it is crazy but happens more often than you may think.

Why are these people so messed up in the head? I mean.... this is nuts! I did not know stuff like this was happening. I knew that christian fundies were crazy and brainwashed, but this is really, truly bananas.

Why aren't governments breaking up these churches? Are the followers really practicing free will if they're brainwashed?

I realize that this is shocking to you...I think I am just numb to it....but due to ideas about separation of church and state, the high regard that government has for religion, ( cause voters are religious) and the corruption in small local governments, ( like the mayor or police are church members) the only time they step in is if it involves children and there is lots of proof...and even then they often do not step in...look at the poly cults.... you have just not been exposed to it. All the cults have to do is call it religious freedom and people just step away from it. IM experience as a kid who was raised by a "new age spiritual" wack job, the people in power either wouldn't be bothered or didn't want to deal with it because of 'freedom of religion" shit.. if you abuse a child without religious reasons it is abuse...if you abuse a child and say it is a religious reason...it is not.... at least that is what I have seen in my case.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post