I'm "converting" to a Deadist - respect my religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm "converting" to a Deadist - respect my religion
This just pisses me off to no end: Fall out from Hobby Lobby decision

Another stupid American theist claim: "Well it says freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion."
That's it! I'm not calling myself an atheist anymore. You may respect my beliefs as a Deadist. In my religion I respect the death of god by not talking about him, ever, and not worshipping anything ever. And my dead god is respected by NO ONE talking about their "living god" in my presence. It's considered rude. Don't go rubbing it in that your god is living when I believe god is dead. My religion is protected under the constitution, doncha know.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Nurse's post
17-09-2014, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2014 07:35 PM by TheGulegon.)
RE: I'm "converting" to a Deadist - respect my religion
Oh Jesus Smith Joseph Christ my glob, in a pecan field/orchard?

Idle hands, huh? Dodgy If the labor of those children net that guy even a penny of profit, I want him thrown in jail forever for breaking child labor laws!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
17-09-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm a devout Jennifer's Wankness...

I'll be doing my rounds tomorrow with the magazines Wank Tower and Awank!...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
17-09-2014, 07:41 PM
(17-09-2014 07:16 PM)Nurse Wrote:  This just pisses me off to no end: Fall out from Hobby Lobby decision

Another stupid American theist claim: "Well it says freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion."
That's it! I'm not calling myself an atheist anymore. You may respect my beliefs as a Deadist. In my religion I respect the death of god by not talking about him, ever, and not worshipping anything ever. And my dead god is respected by NO ONE talking about their "living god" in my presence. It's considered rude. Don't go rubbing it in that your god is living when I believe god is dead. My religion is protected under the constitution, doncha know.

That's clever.

I mean, no one in government ever respects any religion besides Christianity.
[+] 1 user Likes Li_Holodomer's post
18-09-2014, 06:32 AM
(17-09-2014 07:16 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Another stupid American theist claim: "Well it says freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion."

This is stupid, because if you are forced to pick one religion, then your choice is coerced. If it is coerced (especially if there is no good reason for it), then the choice isn't free.

At least this is better than what my ex-step dad used to claim. He said that the freedom of religion only applied to picking which denomination of Christianity you wanted to follow. What a chucklefuck.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Quote:...religious beliefs need not be acceptable, logical, consistent, or comprehensible to others in order to merit First Amendment protection.
WTAF! So the Catholic priest pedophiles are now protected too then! This sounds like religion has free reign to do anything it wants as long as it's defined as part of their religious beliefs. Screw all other freedoms. Religion trumps all. Fuckers! Angry

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post