I'm depressed ( BUMMER ALERT)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: I'm depressed ( BUMMER ALERT)
(28-09-2015 12:21 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 12:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As I (kinda) said ... we're self-conscious food processing machines.

Input -> process --> output.

The inputs from diet / medication / other emotional stimuli are going to produce some curious outputs.

The trick is to discover which input causes which output. I hope your med-docs can work it out.

The 'finding the body' thing has been a stopper for me too.

It's why I always made sure I wore clean underpants.

Then I realised that I could save time and effort by going commando.

TMI?

Big Grin

It just turned Monday here, the meds/docs thing has been ongoing for years now. Maybe we'll see what the docs have to say when they wake up today.

Good to see that you're still trying this path.

I was worried you were going to do something stupid ... like, become a Muslim.

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
28-09-2015, 12:33 AM
Oh depression what a beast you can be. You grab the best of us and make them feel like nothing. Pablo, I'm so sorry, and even though I have been through depression and all that follows myself I have no idea what I can do to help. A meager attempt would go like this:

Keep on fighting, never give up. What helped me was the feeling that I couldn't afford to give up as long as there was someone who hadn't given up on me.

*Humongous hug*
[+] 9 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
28-09-2015, 12:53 AM
(28-09-2015 12:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 12:21 AM)pablo Wrote:  It just turned Monday here, the meds/docs thing has been ongoing for years now. Maybe we'll see what the docs have to say when they wake up today.

Good to see that you're still trying this path.

Big Grin

I've attempted suicide, but I haven't done anything that stupid yet.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
28-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Amigo, would you be comfortable saying *why* you're down? I mean... shit. I'd never have expected it. Online you're this witty, interesting guy... I guess maybe there's no specific reason you can identify? But if you're willing to suicide it must be something you consider bad bad...

Can do it by PM if you prefer...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-09-2015, 05:05 AM
(28-09-2015 12:53 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 12:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Good to see that you're still trying this path.

Big Grin

I've attempted suicide, but I haven't done anything that stupid yet.

Many years ago now when I was a very young man, I stood atop a railway bridge prepared to jump. I no longer cared. But then I thought things may change. And things did. I would have missed out meeting some awesome people and having great things happen...

I am so pleased I did not jump. People would hardly remember me now, over 30 years later. It'd have been a waste.

Same with you Pablo.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
28-09-2015, 06:43 AM
Hug

I've found myself there a few times. Left my own version of an exit note here on TTA last December. Was revising /researching my plan since I had no belt or rope and no funds to buy any so was checking my email out of habit when I figured out there really are people who care - it's hard to see through the dense fog.

I care about you. Lots of people here care. Some of your posts helped me through the worst of it. So thank you, my friend.

Call your psychiatrist if you haven't already. Saying something like "The only thing stopping me is I don't want anyone to have to deal with the body. I think I need help" will get their attention and the help you need.

One day at a time. And plan something to look forward to...

Stay curious. Keep learning. Keep exploring. There's so much to discover. It's what keeps me afloat.

[Image: 200_s.gif]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
28-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Please get help Pablo. Your life matters.
[+] 3 users Like Iñigo's post
28-09-2015, 07:55 AM
#pabloslifematters

I have been there and had the same thoughts about others suffering as badly as I did. When you feel that depressed, you can't fathom how someone could make it through, or even WHY someone would want to. You can't even understand why someone else would care about you, especially when YOU don't even care about you.

Depression is fucking cunt.

Vent. On here, or PM or whatever, just fucking vent. Internalizing all your pain and suffering only helps to feed the feelings of worthlessness and emptiness. You'll just keep re-confirming all your negative thoughts in your own head. Talk to someone, yell, scream, curse, get angry. Cry. Get meds if you're not on them already.

And always remember that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I had one attempt many years ago when I was going through my apostasy. Looking back, I'm glad I failed. I would have missed out on some of the best days of my life since then.

Hug

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 5 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
28-09-2015, 08:15 AM
We all really care about you. You were my first TTA friend Heart Please don't harm yourself in any way. You are such a great person with so much to offer. I remember when you told me how you built things (like a car!) from scratch. I don't really know too many people who can do things like that. You are a very smart, funny person. And I care so much about you. Hug

You have my number, call me anytime day or night. I don't care what time it is. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-09-2015, 09:56 AM
(28-09-2015 04:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Amigo, would you be comfortable saying *why* you're down? I mean... shit. I'd never have expected it. Online you're this witty, interesting guy... I guess maybe there's no specific reason you can identify? But if you're willing to suicide it must be something you consider bad bad...

Can do it by PM if you prefer...

That's why clinical depression sucks so bad, it needs no reason. It just is.

Pablo, we are here. There is usually someone here to talk to. Come, vent! Get angry! Get really pissed off. Or laugh, even hysterically. Just let out what you can. It will lighten the burden...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post