I'm dieting again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm dieting again
Well people I'm dieting again. Not any official diet I'm just counting my calorie intake to ensure it doesn't get too high.

My aim is to average around 1000 calories a day. Obviously this means that I have to rely heavily on foods that don't contain many calories.

Anyone got any tips on foods that are filling but low on calories?

Just to let you know my cooking talents extend about as far as boiling an egg so I'm unlikely to attempt complicated recipes.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2012, 05:48 PM
RE: I'm dieting again
The best way to diet I found is to add foods instead of subtract them. It ends up being a way of life, which is the way to go to stay at a good weight.

So, one hour to 30 minutes before any meal, you drink at least one tall glass of water and eat something from your list.

Your list is something you researched and wrote down, a list of low cal, low carb, high nutrition foods you like.

Any veggies, fruit, lean meat will qualify, and walnuts are allowed too. You can sprinkle any seed you like on things, like sesame or poppy or flax seed. Parmesan or like cheeses are ok. Condiments that do not contain any sugar are ok. You can make salads or whatever. Make soups with veggies and lean chicken. Or just snack some stuff.

So half an hour after you finish eating that stuff, you can eat whatever you were planning for dinner.

You may pig out at first but not for long. You will automatically eat more of the good stuff and less of the stuff that made you gain weight. And you won't feel deprived at all, you'll like it.

Works for me. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
13-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I love me some super foods. Big Grin

http://www.greenplanet.com/my-top-25-super-foods/
13-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Contrarily to what people might expect Sumo wrestlers stick to an eating strategy rather just shoving as many calories in their gob as possible.
They eat rather healthily actually. They eat a stew thing with has massive amounts of veggies as well as protein of course like tofu or chicken. The key to their weight is the time of day they eat etc..
So after having a meal they immediately go to sleep which slows down the digestion process etc... They also skip out on breakfast which adds to weight gain.

My suggestion is rather then going at it with a calorie target that after a couple weeks you'll just give up and put the weight back on, you need to change habbits.
Don't eat for like 2 or 3 hours before you go to bed.
So if you go to sleep at 9 have dinner around 5 or 6 rather then 6:30-7. Let your body digest the food.
Also have a good breakfast, cereals and shit. Don't exercise on an empty stomach etc..

People fail diets because they calorie count. At some stage they stop counting and fall back into their old habbits and put the weight back on. It's not about what you eat, it's about how you eat, when you eat and how much exercise you do during the day.

They tell me I'm the shit, I'm like 'duh...'
[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Cream cheese is da bomb. Also veggies. Read the fat labels on stuff before you buy - I was chowing down on this Sainsbury's chicken for like a month because it had a cute lil' green label - < 2 g fat - then I read it again - PER SLICE Dodgy Fuckers conspiring to make me fat. Angry
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Calorie counting... pffffft... I just eat whatever I want and I don't get fat. It must be the work of Jesus...

[Image: opforum1.png]
14-10-2012, 02:03 PM
The fuck you dieting for, ain't you like 6'2" and weigh like 9 stone? 5000 calories seems more appropriate.

I have forgiven 51 unprovoked insults Heywood Jahblome has directed at forum members.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-10-2012, 04:33 PM
1000 calories is a very unhealthy way to lose weight and it won't stay down. If you want the weight to stay down you have to lose it slowly and keep the diet up, you will never keep a 1000 calorie diet up forever.
I just restartet counting calories and I try to stay between 1600 and 1800 when average women should take 2000 a day. I lose it slowly and it stays down, your apetite also changes as you kinda have to change your diet a lot to not be hungry but stay low on calories.

So if it is only the calories, stay away from bread, potatoes, noodles. Eat lots of veggies, chicken meat, a little bit of rice. Fruits are ok but not too much (for the high amount of sugar in them). Drink a lot, but not sugary.

I made myself a small list of things that I like to eat a lot with average calories always for one cup of it. Helps me well.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
15-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I found out something useful today.

A turkey sub from Subway only has about 300-350 calories depending on what salad and sauce you have. RESULT!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-10-2012, 10:16 AM
(15-10-2012 10:12 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I found out something useful today.

A turkey sub from Subway only has about 300-350 calories depending on what salad and sauce you have. RESULT!

Subway? Hmm, just make your own, ya lazy fart! Tongue That way you can control the calories that go into it.

Although, not everyone has as much free time as me to make stuff... Smile

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post