I'm done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: I'm done
(06-12-2012 11:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm not sure it would even be a Reuben without. Consider
And if you don't use your whore mouth, you must be talking out of your ass all the time.
See my statement above, reverend. Drinking Beverage
You mean to say your intestines are not the seat of your emotions as the Greek world thought? Hm. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
(06-12-2012 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  See my statement above, reverend. Drinking Beverage
You mean to say your intestines are not the seat of your emotions as the Greek world thought? Hm. Consider
Nope, I am like most normal human beings. Drinking Beverage
You know, the type that has a normal anatomy and that believe, correctly so, that American sports are lame, dull, overly-glorified, dumbassery.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM
(06-12-2012 11:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You mean to say your intestines are not the seat of your emotions as the Greek world thought? Hm. Consider
Nope, I am like most normal human beings. Drinking Beverage
You know, the type that has a normal anatomy and that believe, correctly so, that American sports are lame, dull, overly-glorified, dumbassery.
You have more posts in this thread alone, saying how boring American sports are than there are people who actually care if you like them or not. Evil_monster

Justin
06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
(06-12-2012 11:48 AM)Kinger Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Nope, I am like most normal human beings. Drinking Beverage
You have more posts in this thread alone, saying how boring American sports are than there are people who actually care if you like them or not. Evil_monster
Your point is? Drinking Beverage My calling American sports stupid is the whole reason I was given the opportunity to educate Kingschosen and Erxomai on the actual location of the mouth and the anus.

06-12-2012, 11:50 AM

(06-12-2012 01:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Recently I've been kinda questioning my atheism, I'll call an introspection reevaluation. Yanno? Am I crazy to deny the existence of god. So, I'm looking at random crap on YouTube. Actually mostly Christian crap...when I come across eric hovid, talking to atheists trying to trick them.

Somehow I ended up watch 8 parts of the MSS, with DPR Jones, thunderf00t, AronRa, Eric Hovid and Sye something or other and a bunch of other people. I remembered Sye from TTA podcast many months ago saying that everyone knows god exists and if you did and don't know...you just didn't do it right the first time and you essentially always an unbeliever, because god has revealed himself through what he termed a "revelation" and never thoroughly explained where it came from. On the MSS, he refused to discuss the bible, what he claimed was god's word, with unbelievers. Yet at the end tried to preach, which was thankfully blocked out.

So, here I am on the fence again for a moment and driven right back over by the overall tenor of the arguments leveled by those two Christians. Never in my life had I heard a more specious argument for an alleged "proof" for the existence of god. At the end Ken Hovid, seemed to pussyfoot passed the bible as his reason for his proof and focused more heavily on logic and the "perfection" of nature, which is hardly really perfect.

So like a rubber band stretched pretty thin, I bounced back to atheism. It was really a lousy debate with far too much shouting and sometimes screaming and peppered with just as silly rationale on both sides. It did solidify why I am atheist....because their arguments for god, didn't make any sense and I found them both to be incredibly arrogant in their claims. Any chance they got, they twisted words and made snarky remarks like Sye repeatedly saying, "I'm done with you." as though he won a point or the whole argument.

The one thing I've never really done was thoroughly come out to my family, because I never see them, except for weddings and funerals if they think to include me and live in a different state.

Tonight I did just that. I highly doubt I'll hear from any of them ever again.

Honestly, no one gives a damn if you're an atheist or not. We're entering a time when no one knows anything for sure anymore. And there will come a time when you've smoked enough weed, played enough X-box, made fun of enough religious people, and generally under-achieved in life when you will ask yourself if there is anything more. In that day, you will have to find God on your own and quit expecting to follow someone else, be they a YouTube preacher or your mom and dad.

Atheism is the ultimate ignorance, because once you claim there is no God, then you automatically lay claim to the idea that there is no truth. And after that, there is only hedonism, nihilism and random bumperstickers of belief.
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 11:51 AM
(06-12-2012 11:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:48 AM)Kinger Wrote:  You have more posts in this thread alone, saying how boring American sports are than there are people who actually care if you like them or not. Evil_monster
Your point is? Drinking Beverage
Football is better than you.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
06-12-2012, 11:52 AM
(06-12-2012 11:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Your point is? Drinking Beverage
Football is better than you.

Drinking Beverage
I do love the World Cup.

[Image: image_football006.jpg]

Though America sucks ass at it.

06-12-2012, 11:53 AM
(06-12-2012 11:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Football is better than you.

Drinking Beverage
I do love the World Cup.

That's soccer.

Soccer is silly.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-12-2012, 11:55 AM
(06-12-2012 11:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I do love the World Cup.

That's soccer.

Soccer is silly.
No, that is football.

[Image: football.jpg]

^ That is gay ^ Drinking Beverage

06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Honestly, no one gives a damn if you're an atheist or not.
I do. So... strike one. I like to know if people act the way they do because they think a god is watching them, or if because they're good by nature.

We're entering a time when no one knows anything for sure anymore.
We've always been in a time when nothing was sure. Religion is preaching that it has the answers. So are you, apparently. Strike two.

And there will come a time when you've smoked enough weed, played enough X-box, made fun of enough religious people, and generally under-achieved in life when you will ask yourself if there is anything more. In that day, you will have to find God on your own and quit expecting to follow someone else, be they a YouTube preacher or your mom and dad.
Personal experience. You fill your void with god. Doesn't work for some of us. Strike three.

Atheism is the ultimate ignorance, because once you claim there is no God, then you automatically lay claim to the idea that there is no truth.
Not knowing the truth, and claiming there is no truth, are not the same thing.

Did someone hack your account? You swing back and forth between good arguments and baseless assertions. Let me give you the equivalent:

Consciousness seeks meaning of self, since by its nature, it exists to interpret its existence. A consciousness without access to all knowledge will assume conclusions to satisfy its need for meaning. On Earth, due to the limited information available to conscious beings, this conclusion manifests itself as god.

Go ahead and disprove that.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post