I'm done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2012, 12:20 PM
RE: I'm done
And Egor shows back up on an Atheist forum spouting off bullshit. He finds god and we are all stupid for not finding it too.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
(06-12-2012 11:50 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 01:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Recently I've been kinda questioning my atheism, I'll call an introspection reevaluation. Yanno? Am I crazy to deny the existence of god. So, I'm looking at random crap on YouTube. Actually mostly Christian crap...when I come across eric hovid, talking to atheists trying to trick them.

Somehow I ended up watch 8 parts of the MSS, with DPR Jones, thunderf00t, AronRa, Eric Hovid and Sye something or other and a bunch of other people. I remembered Sye from TTA podcast many months ago saying that everyone knows god exists and if you did and don't know...you just didn't do it right the first time and you essentially always an unbeliever, because god has revealed himself through what he termed a "revelation" and never thoroughly explained where it came from. On the MSS, he refused to discuss the bible, what he claimed was god's word, with unbelievers. Yet at the end tried to preach, which was thankfully blocked out.

So, here I am on the fence again for a moment and driven right back over by the overall tenor of the arguments leveled by those two Christians. Never in my life had I heard a more specious argument for an alleged "proof" for the existence of god. At the end Ken Hovid, seemed to pussyfoot passed the bible as his reason for his proof and focused more heavily on logic and the "perfection" of nature, which is hardly really perfect.

So like a rubber band stretched pretty thin, I bounced back to atheism. It was really a lousy debate with far too much shouting and sometimes screaming and peppered with just as silly rationale on both sides. It did solidify why I am atheist....because their arguments for god, didn't make any sense and I found them both to be incredibly arrogant in their claims. Any chance they got, they twisted words and made snarky remarks like Sye repeatedly saying, "I'm done with you." as though he won a point or the whole argument.

The one thing I've never really done was thoroughly come out to my family, because I never see them, except for weddings and funerals if they think to include me and live in a different state.

Tonight I did just that. I highly doubt I'll hear from any of them ever again.

Honestly, no one gives a damn if you're an atheist or not. We're entering a time when no one knows anything for sure anymore. And there will come a time when you've smoked enough weed, played enough X-box, made fun of enough religious people, and generally under-achieved in life when you will ask yourself if there is anything more. In that day, you will have to find God on your own and quit expecting to follow someone else, be they a YouTube preacher or your mom and dad.

Atheism is the ultimate ignorance, because once you claim there is no God, then you automatically lay claim to the idea that there is no truth. And after that, there is only hedonism, nihilism and random bumperstickers of belief.
Actually, once again, you couldn't be further from the truth. I give a damn about her being an atheist and I bet a good majority of the folks here do as well.
You're the one that is in the group that is declining. Atheism and Agnosticism are on the rise both in the US and world-wide. Wonder why?
Oh yeah, because it's the only reasonable position to hold for sane people.
I keep wondering when you're going to get over your self-righteous attitude and stop vomiting your nonsense where it's neither wanted or necessary.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
06-12-2012, 12:31 PM
(06-12-2012 12:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And Egor shows back up on an Atheist forum spouting off bullshit. He finds god and we are all stupid for not finding it too.
Well, technically, he found god AGAIN last week. Next week there be some new bullshit and he'll spout off about stupid we are for not believing that fucked up belief either. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-12-2012, 12:52 PM
(06-12-2012 03:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm just glad you didn't listen to any real theologians or bible scholars. I thought Hovind was a quack even when I was a Christian. He is not a leading apologist at all. Drinking Beverage

Actually I did manage to find a few bible scholars, but the few I clicked seemed to contradict each other a good deal, which I found kinda telling. If biblical scholars can't agree on the voracity of their text there's just a problem then with the text. And I can't exclude that the fact most of the new testament was written by people with an agenda. To Yanno bolster their claims.

Thanks!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-12-2012, 12:55 PM
(06-12-2012 12:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 12:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And Egor shows back up on an Atheist forum spouting off bullshit. He finds god and we are all stupid for not finding it too.
Well, technically, he found god AGAIN last week. Next week there be some new bullshit and he'll spout off about stupid we are for not believing that fucked up belief either. Drinking Beverage
Well, technically, he didn't find anything at all. He just convinced himself because he's too scared to look reality in the eye so he ran back to his comfortable delusions. If he were a dog, he'd have rolled over and exposed his belly to his sky daddy concept. As a man, he probably made less of a show of it but clearly he feels like he failed, like he is less of a man for running back to hide, child-like, behind God's skirts, so he comes in here to insult the only people he still marginally feels superior too as a lame way to try to reestablish some semblance of his lost masculinity.

It didn't work, of course, because deep down he knows he's a fool for choosing delusion over reality, but he can't help himself so he buries his head in the sand and insults the only people who might really want to help him, all for nothing. And he knows it, which only reinforces his justly-deserved inferiority complex.

He'd find life so much easier and so much more meaningful if he would just face reality like a real man. Then he would have no more inferiority complex, then he could feel like a man, and then he could embrace the people who actually might want to help him. He knows this too, on some level, but it scares him too much, and unmans him too much, and he can't face it. So he lashes out.

It's all very sad.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
06-12-2012, 12:58 PM
POST # 68000!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-12-2012, 12:58 PM
(06-12-2012 09:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, I was going to make a legitimate response to this, but I see this topic has been Forum Team'd.

Please do!!! Just cause I am a tad curious. :-)
06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
(06-12-2012 10:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's a good thing Momsurroundedbyboys is used to being surrounded by boys. Angel

Thank,you!! All that football talk just flies right over my head.
06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
(06-12-2012 12:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 09:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, I was going to make a legitimate response to this, but I see this topic has been Forum Team'd.

Please do!!! Just cause I am a tad curious. :-)
Nah, we're all really better off that he doesn't. Drinking Beverage

~Izel
06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
(06-12-2012 12:55 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  He'd find life so much easier and so much more meaningful if he would just face reality like a real man. Then he would have no more inferiority complex, then he could feel like a man, and then he could embrace the people who actually might want to help him. He knows this too, on some level, but it scares him too much, and unmans him too much, and he can't face it. So he lashes out.

It's all very sad.
Well technically you're right.

~Izel