25-12-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: I'm drunk
At work.

Sadcryface
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2016, 02:25 AM
(25-12-2016 01:01 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Cot-fucking-damn I'm hammered.

Because when I try to think of who here has an excess amount of brain cells worth drowning, it's Gilly. Stay gold Ponyboy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-12-2016, 04:02 AM
(25-12-2016 02:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-12-2016 01:01 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Cot-fucking-damn I'm hammered.

Because when I try to think of who here has an excess amount of brain cells worth drowning, it's Gilly. Stay gold Ponyboy.

ty, sir.
25-12-2016, 10:56 AM
(25-12-2016 02:14 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Sadcryface

You're at work and you're drunk? Or are you too drunk to work?Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-12-2016, 11:55 AM
I tried to get drunk the night after the election -- I had 4 of my Oktoberfest beers left, and I drank all 4 of them (which should have done the trick, since I rarely drink more than one beer in any given evening) -- but I only got mildly tipsy.

I don't much like being drunk anyway, but I do like drinking. Right now, I have 36 bottles of beer (3 each of 12 different kinds) in my refrigerator, plus an unopened 8-pack (cans) of Guinness Draught. On my kitchen counter are two bottles of red wine (different kinds, but both from the same local winery), and in my cupboard are 11 (!) bottles of whisk(e)y, all purchased within the last couple of weeks (for some reason, I have developed an obsession with whisky). I have been sampling a different whisky each evening -- one double shot, which I sip rather than slamming (I'm trying to develop an appreciation for the different flavors, etc.). In order, I have tried:

The Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky (12 years of age)
Chivas Regal Blended Scotch Whisky (aged 12 years)
Laphroaig Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky (quarter cask)
Jameson Triple Distilled Irish Whiskey (a blend)
Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Brand Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey
Rittenhouse Straight Rye Whisky (bottled-in-bond)
Maker's 46 Kentucky Bourbon Whisky (barrel finished with oak staves)

Still unopened:

Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye (90% rye whisky) ("Fine Blended Canadian Whisky")
Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (small batch, aged nine years)
Knob Creek Straight Rye Whiskey (small batch)
Russell's Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (10 years old)

Jack Daniel's and Jameson are old friends. The others are all new to me. The one that really stands out so far is the Laphroaig Quarter Cask -- I was immediately blown away by both the aroma and the taste. Wow!

Even though it's not even Noon yet where I am, I have just finished a glass of Harp Lager beer (accompanying my lunch of leftover pizza). Later today I will sample one (or maybe even two) of my four remaining unopened whiskies.
25-12-2016, 06:52 PM
I've made good progress by "disappearing" half a bottle of sparkling white wine, with the other half of the bottle now in the fridge. Definitely not snockered as of yet. but that will probably change once I go back downstairs for dessert in 2-3 hours. (Currently trying not to make any sudden moves due to mass quantities of food.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
25-12-2016, 07:06 PM

"The liquor's calling the shots now, Randy."

I fucking died lol.
25-12-2016, 10:09 PM
(25-12-2016 11:55 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I tried to get drunk the night after the election -- I had 4 of my Oktoberfest beers left, and I drank all 4 of them (which should have done the trick, since I rarely drink more than one beer in any given evening) -- but I only got mildly tipsy.

I don't much like being drunk anyway, but I do like drinking. Right now, I have 36 bottles of beer (3 each of 12 different kinds) in my refrigerator, plus an unopened 8-pack (cans) of Guinness Draught. On my kitchen counter are two bottles of red wine (different kinds, but both from the same local winery), and in my cupboard are 11 (!) bottles of whisk(e)y, all purchased within the last couple of weeks (for some reason, I have developed an obsession with whisky). I have been sampling a different whisky each evening -- one double shot, which I sip rather than slamming (I'm trying to develop an appreciation for the different flavors, etc.). In order, I have tried:

The Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky (12 years of age)
Chivas Regal Blended Scotch Whisky (aged 12 years)
Laphroaig Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky (quarter cask)
Jameson Triple Distilled Irish Whiskey (a blend)
Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Brand Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey
Rittenhouse Straight Rye Whisky (bottled-in-bond)
Maker's 46 Kentucky Bourbon Whisky (barrel finished with oak staves)

Still unopened:

Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye (90% rye whisky) ("Fine Blended Canadian Whisky")
Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (small batch, aged nine years)
Knob Creek Straight Rye Whiskey (small batch)
Russell's Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (10 years old)

Jack Daniel's and Jameson are old friends. The others are all new to me. The one that really stands out so far is the Laphroaig Quarter Cask -- I was immediately blown away by both the aroma and the taste. Wow!

Even though it's not even Noon yet where I am, I have just finished a glass of Harp Lager beer (accompanying my lunch of leftover pizza). Later today I will sample one (or maybe even two) of my four remaining unopened whiskies.

That's a lot of boozores! One of my sons brought me a bottle of 15 year old Glenfiddich for xmas. I'll be cracking that bad boy open shortly. I tend to only have one bottle of hard liquor in the house at a time though. Not enough space, believe it or not.
01-01-2017, 12:47 AM
[Image: NervousGlisteningIndianskimmer.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nyyp7ghQZM1v0lf1io4_400.gif]

The whiskey got me again.
01-01-2017, 12:51 AM
It's New Year's Eve -- actually, it's now 2017. Mass quantities of beer and pizza were involved.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post