I'm eloping, but how do I explain to people why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: I'm eloping, but how do I explain to people why?
Don't. Nobody else's business.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Don't explain a fucking thing.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
07-09-2016, 09:41 PM
(07-09-2016 06:12 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Don't explain a fucking thing.
Exactly. Let them start asking questions if they notice that wedding ring on your finger (assuming you are going with a ring, my wife and I don't wear rings)
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
07-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Not buying a wedding ring would have saved me from selling my '40 Chevy business man's coupe dragster with the front straight axle, 350 horse 350 engine, 400 trans, and 3.90 posi rear. I actually think I made a good trade. I've been married for 35 years, last February.
07-09-2016, 11:05 PM
You don't need to explain. Those who get it will get it. Those who don't won't. You don't need to feel guilty about other peoples understanding or lack of, that's not your responsibility.

On a complete (or at least somewhat) side note, you do need one more person at your wedding. A photographer. Ha ha. I am photographing this exact situation in a few weeks and it sounds beautiful and I can't wait to capture it. At the least have your witness take photos. I know people who eloped and wished they had, it's a special day and one to look back and remember fondly. Congratulations!
08-09-2016, 01:43 AM
You don't need anybody else's approval but your own. It's not your family's business, it's not their decision. You cannot control how other people react, all you can do is control how you act.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-09-2016, 01:39 PM
(07-09-2016 10:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Not buying a wedding ring would have saved me from selling my '40 Chevy business man's coupe dragster with the front straight axle, 350 horse 350 engine, 400 trans, and 3.90 posi rear. I actually think I made a good trade. I've been married for 35 years, last February.
You think that without the ring, your partner wouldn't have stuck around?
08-09-2016, 02:24 PM
It's really unnecessary to share your marriage with anyone but the person you're married to. Just do it and say nothing to anyone - it's no one's business but yours.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein