I'm engaged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm engaged
This is a good positive ''personal issue''. Big Grin I got engaged last night! To make a long story short, I dated a guy whom a few years ago took a job overseas, and he is now back in the states for the holidays, visiting family. He is moving back to the states next month. He and I got together yesterday, and talked about everything under the sun with such ease, just like no time had passed between us. He then said he never met anyone like me in our time apart, and that I was always the one. He then asked me to marry him, and I said yes. I've spent so much of my life sitting on a bench not participating in my own life, fearful of commitment and love. But, it's time to get off the bench...and let someone love me. I never thought I'd see him again. We are going to look at rings next weekend. Heart Big Grin

Just sharing with all of you. So, let's see, I'm a Christian again, and getting married. Maybe the world IS coming to an end. Start buying your survival kits right now for the Zombie Apocalypse. Gasp

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Deidre32's post
06-12-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: I'm engaged
CONGRATS!!! Best wishes to both of you!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
06-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Congratulations! Hug

May I take this opportunity to wish you and your fiancé all the very best that life has to offer. When's the Big Day?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
06-12-2015, 04:06 PM
My condolence....I mean....congratulations. Unsure

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
06-12-2015, 04:06 PM
(06-12-2015 04:00 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  This is a good positive ''personal issue''. Big Grin I got engaged last night! To make a long story short, I dated a guy whom a few years ago took a job overseas, and he is now back in the states for the holidays, visiting family. He is moving back to the states next month. He and I got together yesterday, and talked about everything under the sun with such ease, just like no time had passed between us. He then said he never met anyone like me in our time apart, and that I was always the one. He then asked me to marry him, and I said yes. I've spent so much of my life sitting on a bench not participating in my own life, fearful of commitment and love. But, it's time to get off the bench...and let someone love me. I never thought I'd see him again. We are going to look at rings next weekend. Heart Big Grin

Just sharing with all of you. So, let's see, I'm a Christian again, and getting married. Maybe the world IS coming to an end. Start buying your survival kits right now for the Zombie Apocalypse. Gasp

I wish you both well. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Congratulations Deidre!

Hope you make each other very happy.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Congratulations. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
06-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Congratulations. I hope everything works out well for you guys.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
06-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Congratulations! So happy for you! Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Congratulations on the getting married part but what's with the, "I'm a Christian again," part?
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post