I'm feeling overwhelmed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm feeling overwhelmed
We've endured a long and bitterly cold winter this year. Now that the weather has begun a gradual warming trend it seems all I'm hearing is how wonderful Gawd is for bringing these warmer days. No one said any about the crappy weather Gawd dumped on us for 5 months.
When fundamentalists speak like this they are arrogant enough to think we want to hear how their gawd loves us and brings us good things. Maybe the winter was too long but I feel like I will scream the next time I hear about gawd and his goodness.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 12:54 AM
RE: I'm feeling overwhelmed
Look, if an as**ole occasionally did something good, that's what I will feel surprised and happy about. Although those fundamentalist didn't say this, their gratitude for the warm spring expressed that they also rarely see this nice behavior on the invisible dude.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
05-03-2014, 04:04 PM
More stupidity. I was invited to attend a large luncheon to be followed by a business meeting. A nasty virus is making the rounds so I graciously acknowledged the invite but declined. She being of the Evangelical church said I should pray to god that the virus not invade my body. Pray and Pray and I won't get it. What is wrong with these people?
05-03-2014, 04:16 PM
I think I've reached the point where I can't hold it in anymore. I let the comments out....even they ones that are only mildly snarky...

I used to just let it go in one ear and out the other, but the past month or so...I just can't keep my mouth shut any longer.

I would have said something along the lines of 'thanks but I'll just stick to washing my hands well and not touching my face" Dodgy with a less than enthusiastic attitude.

<sigh>

its hard to be surrounded by the nonsense day in and day out.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
08-03-2014, 12:18 AM
(05-03-2014 04:04 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  More stupidity. I was invited to attend a large luncheon to be followed by a business meeting. A nasty virus is making the rounds so I graciously acknowledged the invite but declined. She being of the Evangelical church said I should pray to god that the virus not invade my body. Pray and Pray and I won't get it. What is wrong with these people?

I'm getting to the stage where I don't care who my atheism offends. Just tell 'em what you think, and to hell with the consequences.

I'm sick of tiptoeing around theists... If you smell bullshit, call them out on it.

But, that's me...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2014, 11:03 AM
AArghhhhhhhhhhhh, now the religious emails have started. One was someone's lovely interpretation of the 23 Psalm with pretty pictures. No tho't for people who are starving and watching their children die. Makes me sick.