I'm frustrated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: I'm frustrated
(01-12-2016 05:30 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 05:28 PM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  Go for a short walk instead, it helps to clear your mind.
Look at my post right above your answer Wink thanks though

No problem, glad I could help.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 05:36 PM
My thyroid is a complete dud and has been since birth - no function at all. Took 45 years to find out about it... For me, the first pill was like a super drug and I was suddenly superwoman.

Cholesterol - they are changing their mind about it now.

Lack of sleep causes weight gain. Dunno how it works (haven't researched it) but it's a fact.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-12-2016, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 05:56 PM by PaddyOdoors.)
(01-12-2016 05:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  My thyroid is a complete dud and has been since birth - no function at all. Took 45 years to find out about it... For me, the first pill was like a super drug and I was suddenly superwoman.

Lack of sleep causes weight gain. Dunno how it works (haven't researched it) but it's a fact.

How do you know it's a fact then? maybe if you don't sleep you are in the kitchen eating chocolate instead of getting rest. I'm not trying to sound awful but I can see that is how I am coming across.
01-12-2016, 06:01 PM
(01-12-2016 05:40 PM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 05:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  My thyroid is a complete dud and has been since birth - no function at all. Took 45 years to find out about it... For me, the first pill was like a super drug and I was suddenly superwoman.

How do you know it's a fact then? maybe if you don't sleep you are in the kitchen eating chocolate instead of getting rest.

Pffft. I did NOT research how it works, like I said. You can ascertain that something is a fact without knowing how it works.

WTF - chocolate at night? What is that all about? Not that it is any of your business, but I don't need to lose weight. This is not my weight loss thread.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-12-2016, 06:21 PM
(01-12-2016 06:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 05:40 PM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  How do you know it's a fact then? maybe if you don't sleep you are in the kitchen eating chocolate instead of getting rest.

Pffft. I did NOT research how it works, like I said. You can ascertain that something is a fact without knowing how it works.

WTF - chocolate at night? What is that all about? Not that it is any of your business, but I don't need to lose weight. This is not my weight loss thread.

Just ignore me, I let my fingers loose sometimes, I sometimes pop the toaster down before there is any bread in it, it smoulders with no result.
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyOdoors's post
02-12-2016, 02:32 AM
Dude can you keep your trolling out of the personal issues section please. It is uncalled for and not needed.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
02-12-2016, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 03:55 AM by Loom.)
Glad to hear you're feeling better Hug

I hope it's all positives from here. Thyroids can be an absolute b*tch when they don't want to work, so now that you're treating that, I'm sure you'll only feel better and better as time goes on.

And you haven't wasted your time maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly for 5 years, it's likely that that's helped keep your body from going out of whack any more than it already was. And now, you have a healthy habit that so many people struggle to maintain, which should start having the results you want now Smile

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
02-12-2016, 03:54 AM
Can’t figure out why you’re gaining weight — or why it’s so difficult to erase those extra pounds? You might be suffering from sleep deprivation — even if you swear you’re getting enough sleep at night. In fact, one study presented at this year’s Endocrine Society national meeting suggests that getting just 30 fewer minutes sleep than you should per weekday can increase your risk of obesity and diabetes. Losing out on sleep creates a viscous cycle in your body, making you more prone to various factors contributing to weight gain.

"Daily Burn", Zahra Barnes on 3/31/2015

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
02-12-2016, 07:54 AM
I do know how you feel.....

I'd been feeling poorly for several months - and it'd gotten to the point where I was in pain, pretty much all the time. It was bad enough, I couldn't do much at all -- let alone work out -- so the weight gain was bad.....

In the middle of October, I ended up in the E. R. thinking I was having a heart attack.

I was admitted, and they did CT, an ultrasound (no MRI because of all the hardware I've got) --- and a stress test......

No heart problems......

But, they found that my thyroid function had took a shit. I was severely hypothyroid.... Should have figured that one, because it runs in my family.... Duh, on me....

Been on thyroid replacement since - and the Dr has bumped the levels upward a couple of times......

I'm still feeling a bit for shit --- but, it's improving - and at least I've been able to start working out again....

It's the reward for living a long time.....

Better than the alternative though...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-12-2016, 06:14 PM
1. Just wow. I just measured my fattest part and found I lost 4 cm in the past week! I am pretty damn sure that this is the thyroid medicine kicking in and the fact that finally I can sleep.

2. There is this one negative side effect that I am having atm. Before the thyroid medicine, I had my ADHC under some control because I was pretty lethargic if... I mean I was doing my cycling and all but if I sat, I sat and that was it. Now I am just moving non-stop and I cannot stop myself and it is annoying at times. My brain is as ADD as always but now the hyperactivity is kicking in like crazy. I just don't wanna tell the doctor because I don't want more medications and so on. I hope I get this under control in some way. They cycling before and after work is a good thing to drain that energy but it is apparently not enough anymore.

3. I am a bit afraid to go sleep tonight because I don't want to take the sleeping pills on weekends. I don't want my brain to start relying on them to sleep. Sure it helps me greatly right now for the week but yea, just trying to be careful.

4. The water in my legs is starting to go away. I trouched my foot earlier and realized there is actual foot under that skin. like bones and muscles. I am impressed Tongue

K, trying to do that sleeping thing now. cya

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -