I'm getting divorced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: I'm getting divorced
I hope the separating will be a chance for you to be happier. Sounds like you already know what you're going to do to make sure you can move on and that's great. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Let me offer both congratulations and condolences at the same time.

Congrats on taking charge and creating a new chapter for your life, condolences on the demise of your marriage. Both are, in my view, equally appropriate.

There will be tough days ahead, I can promise you that (I'm a veteran of the divorce wars as well) but you will get through this.

Good luck.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
17-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Much like HT said - condolences on the marriage but congrats on going forward with change. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Harvey, I hope you really enjoy your independent life.

All in all I've spent 37 years in monogamous long-term relationships, followed by another 4 years of having my elderly mother living in the household. Now it's just me and my adult daughter, an artist/gamer/foodie who sporadically emerges from her penthouse suite to cook interesting things and disappears again, so essentially I have a quiet roommate who leaves fresh noms lying about for household consumption. The single life rocks.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
17-03-2017, 01:23 PM
I'm just looking at the picture thinking Censored I've been stuck at stage 3 for 90% of our relationship and being envious of your newfound freedom Tongue

Good luck and enjoy it.

'Murican Canadian
17-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Congrats on getting out since it sounds as though this is what you wanted! Smile
17-03-2017, 04:37 PM
(17-03-2017 10:29 AM)Harvey Wrote:  Thank you. And yes, it's very amicable. No shouting, no allegations, no third persons involved. No cheating. It's just a long dead relationship. I'm moving out in may, to an appartment in the same city. I just have to buy one first. We have a thirteen years old daugther, so me and the ol' missus will see one another on countless occasions in the years to follow.

What I most look forward to, is to be me. For the first time for ages. Just to be me. Just to do the things I like to do. Eat the food I like to eat. Sit quietly in my favourite chair with light over my shoulder and read. Listen to radio and music. Have friends come over and stay the night. Go fishing whenever I like. Buy a 13' jonboat and a 2.3 HP Honda outboard, and sit in hidden in the reedguard watching my float disappear. Go hunting for new personal bests for all the spieces I fish for. Go looking for promising stretches of my favourite rivers. Find new waters where I can catch tench and bream. Big ones, preferably. Sit through warm summers evenings fishing my favourite swims. Go trekking a lot. Maybe take up climbing again. Start playing tabletennis again. Buy a new tent. Go back to college and finish my nursingdegree.

And may the great Lord grant me the power of will to stay away from women. For many, many years to come Big Grin.

Dude, I dodn't read anything that you would like to start to do (or do more of...) that should break up a marriage, other than your assessment of the relationship being dead.
Personally my observations conclude that having children, can / will suck that oooohhhy kind of love right out of a marriage. While placing some restrictions on your adult "freedoms" also.

Good luck with the new beginning Harvey and cheers to having the kahunas (to you both) to take the step out of a stale relationship. Hey, consider staying on kissing terms - you never know, once the parenting is over, she just may still be your best ever friend, and those my friend, are a precious few.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 2 users Like BackSlider's post
17-03-2017, 06:00 PM
(17-03-2017 04:37 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Hey, consider staying on kissing terms - you never know, once the parenting is over, she just may still be your best ever friend, and those my friend, are a precious few.

That is as unlikely to happen as any rare event you can think of. Boris Spassky once described his relationship to his first wife saying «My wife and I were like bishops of opposite colour». And, as you might, or might not, know; opposite-coloured bishops never meet. I can very easily make his words mine.

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
[+] 1 user Likes Harvey's post
17-03-2017, 06:02 PM
That picture is brilliant, it'd be a great marketing billboard for a divorce lawyer.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
17-03-2017, 06:20 PM
(17-03-2017 06:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That picture is brilliant, it'd be a great marketing billboard for a divorce lawyer.

If you google Herb Lubalin Marriage, you can admire the original, along with other fine examples of Lubalin's designs. So I cannot take the credit. I just elaborated on a stolen idea. I actually thought that I had the opposing R's from Lubalin, but I now see it's the facing R's.

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes