I'm getting divorced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: I'm getting divorced
(17-03-2017 10:29 AM)Harvey Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 07:45 AM)Emma Wrote:  Best wishes Harvey. I hope it's amicable at least? Undecided

Thank you. And yes, it's very amicable. No shouting, no allegations, no third persons involved. No cheating. It's just a long dead relationship. I'm moving out in may, to an appartment in the same city. I just have to buy one first. We have a thirteen years old daugther, so me and the ol' missus will see one another on countless occasions in the years to follow.

What I most look forward to, is to be me. For the first time for ages. Just to be me. Just to do the things I like to do. Eat the food I like to eat. Sit quietly in my favourite chair with light over my shoulder and read. Listen to radio and music. Have friends come over and stay the night. Go fishing whenever I like. Buy a 13' jonboat and a 2.3 HP Honda outboard, and sit in hidden in the reedguard watching my float disappear. Go hunting for new personal bests for all the spieces I fish for. Go looking for promising stretches of my favourite rivers. Find new waters where I can catch tench and bream. Big ones, preferably. Sit through warm summers evenings fishing my favourite swims. Go trekking a lot. Maybe take up climbing again. Start playing tabletennis again. Buy a new tent. Go back to college and finish my nursingdegree.

And may the great Lord grant me the power of will to stay away from women. For many, many years to come Big Grin.

I hope all goes well for you and I hope your daughter settles into her new routine with as much ease as possible.

13 is a challenging age for girls...at least it was with my two.

Don't forget to make room and time for her and maybe even include her on your adventures.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 08:24 AM
30 Years is a long time to be married. Some can manage and sometimes it just cannot be salvaged. Like I've said before... Marriage is a dance you perfect over time. It's a give and take between two parties. It has to be a 50/50 between partners. Sorry yours didn't work out. Here's to better days ahead.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
18-03-2017, 10:27 AM
It's cojones, not kahunas, dammit. Cojones are balls, kahunas are important people.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Let me explain myself-
I had a friend & sales manager that had had three wives, all living in Tarpon Springs / Tampa area at that.
During my one year with that company I met two of those three in our "travels". (and his current girlfriend)
Amazing how they managed to keep enough of the respect and much of the friendship after their divorce(s). Now he is a very charismatic person who aparently mastered at NOT burning any bridges.
I didn't mean "intimate" kissing terms, but amiable, friendly on the cheek caliber. Hug

A true desirable role model for me as I'm on #2 and well #1 after a three year relationship, I believe left the planet.
(okay, #2 is coming up on 39 yr. relationship)

Yikes, I'll stand corrected on the cojones, not kahunas, dammit.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
18-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Being divorced is almost like being in a club... It can be hard and painful, but you'll often find there are others who've been through what you're going through. It makes forming friendships with them a little easier I think.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin