I'm giving up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2015, 09:09 AM
RE: I'm giving up.
CL -- I was a member of the Libertarian party for many, many years - and have voted accordingly....

I even ran for Sheriff and was on the ballot as the Libertarian candidate...

I just don't see the ( L )'s running anything better than the other two parties....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 04:42 PM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqI4A0zF1cTHXg0pxCK9T...SZGvr46JDA]

Could you vote for an ostrich?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-11-2015, 04:46 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
12-11-2015, 05:12 PM
(12-11-2015 04:42 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqI4A0zF1cTHXg0pxCK9T...SZGvr46JDA]

Could you vote for an ostrich?

Better an ostrich than a lizard.....

(Douglas Adams reference)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Unless someone really amazing suddenly jumps into the race I am not sure I will vote either. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
12-11-2015, 05:49 PM
(12-11-2015 09:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  CL -- I was a member of the Libertarian party for many, many years - and have voted accordingly....

I even ran for Sheriff and was on the ballot as the Libertarian candidate...

I just don't see the ( L )'s running anything better than the other two parties....

I just don't get the idea behind it all though. If you want there to be better candidates, it would work more likely and more with a chance to do something if the party itself or any of the others, had more support.

Supporting the idea before it is successful helps increase the chance of it actually becoming successful. Instead of waiting for something to be successful to begin supporting it. That's the proactive manner of ways which actually leads to improvements.

I don't like the specific candidates either, I voted for Gary Johnson but I don't like him too much... but I know he wasn't going to win or anything of that sort.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Bernie!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
12-11-2015, 06:00 PM
I personally gave up on presidential and gubernatorial politics quite some time ago, though the exact timeframe is a bit fuzzy for me. I do still go to the polls to voice my opinion on local issues, amendments to laws, etc. But outside of that, it's just puppets with different colored strings (IMO). In America, the candidates who spend the most win the most, so it kinda takes the air out of a "democratic" process.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2015, 06:02 PM
(12-11-2015 05:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Unless someone really amazing suddenly jumps into the race I am not sure I will vote either. Undecided

If you wanna marry a shoe, I'll marry you.

He's right. The rent is too damn high.

ROOMS: $2,500 PER/WK. * STUDIOSad$12,998) to ($200K) PER/MO * 1-BEDROOM: ($15,995) to ($1.7M) Per/MO * 2-BEDROOMS: ($45,979) to ($2.8M) PER/MO

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-11-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm giving up.
The only reason I vote is to keep anti gun people out of office. If it weren't for that I'd stay home.