I'm going to die soon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm going to die soon
Most humans average 25,000 days in their life span. I've already lived nearly 8,000 days in that. Which means I have only about 17,000 days left in my expected life. And what have I done this entire third of my life? I was brought up with miniscule education. Nothing compared to what I COULD HAVE been taught in that time period, but the system of education sucks globally. (except maybe japan, but then again, japan has no morals.)

And then after I was finally able to overcome my own overwhelming ignorance, I spent another 5 years relearning what I had been taught to be historically true, developing my own outlook on life, proved to myself that the existence of a god was highly improbable.

So an entire third of my life has just been wasted on the battle of ignorance. To top it off, I'm still ignorant, and I'm still learning things I SHOULD HAVE been taught at my local education center.

Some of you might say, you're only 21! You have a long time to live yet! But no, 17,000 or even 35,000 days isn't anything. We will all die, far quicker than we think we will. I am not afraid to die, I'm afraid of losing all the knowledge that I've gained.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: I'm going to die soon
Good.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-01-2013, 01:19 AM
(12-01-2013 01:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Good.
What an intelligent conversation we've had.
[+] 1 user Likes Nappa's post
12-01-2013, 01:19 AM
Quite. Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-01-2013, 01:25 AM
And yet you call people who can be at an idol state in their car in a lowly populated area, crashed into a drunk driver and killed, an idiot.

namiloveyou would not like that end of the first paragraph, and neither would any other sensible person because it doesn't make sense.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
12-01-2013, 01:30 AM
(12-01-2013 01:25 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And yet you call people who can be at an idol state in their car in a lowly populated area, crashed into a drunk driver and killed, an idiot.

namiloveyou would not like that end of the first paragraph, and neither would any other sensible person because it doesn't make sense.
The story of my life.

[Me] Says something intelligent
[Other Person] That's stupid, you're weird.

In other words, if you can not understand me or what I am trying to say. Then I am by far used to it, when I was 16 and still in highschool the other school children had problems understanding me. As an adult, I've grown more intelligent, more depressed, and I see the others around me have not gained any intelligence so to speak of. Atheists are just as smart as christians it would seem.
12-01-2013, 01:30 AM
(12-01-2013 01:08 AM)Nappa Wrote:  Most humans average 25,000 days in their life span. I've already lived nearly 8,000 days in that. Which means I have only about 17,000 days left in my expected life. And what have I done this entire third of my life? I was brought up with miniscule education. Nothing compared to what I COULD HAVE been taught in that time period, but the system of education sucks globally. (except maybe japan, but then again, japan has no morals.)

And then after I was finally able to overcome my own overwhelming ignorance, I spent another 5 years relearning what I had been taught to be historically true, developing my own outlook on life, proved to myself that the existence of a god was highly improbable.

So an entire third of my life has just been wasted on the battle of ignorance. To top it off, I'm still ignorant, and I'm still learning things I SHOULD HAVE been taught at my local education center.

Some of you might say, you're only 21! You have a long time to live yet! But no, 17,000 or even 35,000 days isn't anything. We will all die, far quicker than we think we will. I am not afraid to die, I'm afraid of losing all the knowledge that I've gained.
This might sound cliche, but it's really not how much you know at the end. It's about how you apply them to make the lives of other people better. Life is a journey of learning new things and experimenting, so enjoy it while it lasts Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 2 users Like robotworld's post
12-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Well yeah, it does suck that we are doomed to die one day, and lose all the knowledge and wisdom that we have hoarded throughout our lives. At least we won't care once were dead though right?! Big Grin

Let's work towards a method of extending life. Wouldn't it be neat if science got far enough to be capable of making us immortal? With the exception of suicide, murder, or accidentally falling off a extremely high object of course. OR the end of the world, I don't think we'll survive that. But then again maybe we will create a ship that can sustain a decent population of people, and as the sun turns into a red giant, we can fly farther away so we are not burned to a crisp!

Well, that's my plans out of the closet. Drinking Beverage

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

12-01-2013, 01:35 AM
(12-01-2013 01:30 AM)Nappa Wrote:  Atheists are just as smart as christians it would seem.
There is no logical cause to assume one side superior to the other. There are smart atheists, there are dumb ones, same goes for christians. Your statement seems to imply that their is/was a divide. The only difference is majority of christians seem to be simply deliberately uneducated and indoctrinated into the faith. It has nothing to do with their intelligence.

Besides "smart" is a subjective term anyway.

12-01-2013, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 01:40 AM by ClydeLee.)
(12-01-2013 01:30 AM)Nappa Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 01:25 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And yet you call people who can be at an idol state in their car in a lowly populated area, crashed into a drunk driver and killed, an idiot.

The story of my life.

[Me] Says something intelligent
[Other Person] That's stupid, you're weird.

In other words, if you can not understand me or what I am trying to say. Then I am by far used to it, when I was 16 and still in highschool the other school children had problems understanding me. As an adult, I've grown more intelligent, more depressed, and I see the others around me have not gained any intelligence so to speak of. Atheists are just as smart as christians it would seem.
Answer this: How does Japan have no morals!!?

It's nothing unusual. I've had the same thought knowing, hey 1/3 my life is over and all I have to say for it now is a few stories I've written.. had something else that was taken yadda yadda, but I don't see that is anything visionary. It's what we are as we hit the 20s n whatnot.

I am still bitter that you go on about how you said all those killed by a drunk driver is an idiot! Which also includes infants! Then went on a tirade of you being a safe driver. You can be the safest of safe near a top 5% of statistically safe driving and come across the wrong timing.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"