I'm going to start working on a Tolkien script

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: I'm going to start working on a Tolkien script
(08-05-2014 02:29 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Sorry if the title didn't make sense Blush

Well, I'm no screenwriter, but, with the help of my brother who has studied film direction, I'm going to start writing a script for a possible (or better, impossible) movie on the story of Beren and Luthien.

That means I will have to finish reading the Silmarillion so as to build the right framework and then I'm going to read the whole Lay of Leithian (if you know what that is, you know I'm crazy).

I know the chances of this script ever being actually used is well beyond the realm of possibility, but I feel this strong urge to make it nonetheless.

Just wanted to say that I'm really excited about it!
Ya, I know it's kinda stupid Big Grin

Some might think its stupid to try to write a movie script.
I would say that somebody's gotta do it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
23-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Never doubt yourself. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Work hard and keep telling yourself that you can do it. Thumbsup I'm sure it'll turn out amazing.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destory's a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he's destroying is the God he is worshipping. - Hubert Reeves
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Good luck! Love some Tolkien, but it could prove to be challenging, as long as it is fun though...

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
24-05-2014, 11:02 AM
I've written some 13 rough pages so far.

Sometimes I feel like giving up, it's proven to be quite demanding, but I'm not giving up thanks to the positive response from all of you guys! Thank you! Smile

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post